Sara Orlesky signed by Jets

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
She's way better than Gene greasy hair Principe .:laugh:
I don't like Genes recent look but I actually really enjoyed him a a sideline reporter. Also he's a super nice guy.

Given the way Bell/CTV/TSN is slashing costs these few years and has been firing anyone across the country with any longevity (remember Gord?), it's a smart move for Sara to jump ship when she has such a great opportunity.

CTV National News has become unwatchable. I suspect TSN is going down the same hole soon.
I was flabbergasted when they fired Laflamme. I worked for Bell Media Megacorp so I shouldn't really be surprised

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Good for Sara to get her bag, but I can't help but wonder if this is part of a restructuring effort by Bell Media. Lisa La Flamme was recently let go by Bell Media, and we _still_ have no word on a replacement for Dennis Beyak. Are they going to rotate PBP people? Remote in? We saw that they used remote/away feeds for the US teams during the playoffs in an effort to save costs.
Bob Cole coming out of retirement

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
She will be “producing new Jets content features,” as well as assuming “the role of co-producer and host for a new post-game show,” and will also provide pre-game hits.

“Having covered the Jets since Day 1, I know how incredibly passionate fans are about this team,” she said, in a statement. “I’m excited to join the organization and help provide fans with new and exciting coverage of their favourite players and team.”

“Sara has been a fan-favourite in sports broadcasting and we are thrilled to add her talents to the Jets content team,” said Kelly Shouldice, vice-president, content and communications for True North Sports & Entertainment. “In this role, Sara will spearhead new in-depth, multi-platform Jets content, bringing fans closer to the team, players and coaches.”

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Definitely a good signing.

Home grown kid. :thumbu:
Good hands. :thumbu:
Seems to always think of the "right" thing to say. :thumbu:
Likely not too big on pickelball. :thumbu:
Will bring some joie de vivre to the Jets corporate face. :thumbu:
Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 9.17.54 AM.png

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Sara would be a good replacement for Beyak is they're trying to go the route of bringing in more females to the game considering Jets fans are familiar with her.

Now if Jesse Pollock is hired to cover the Jets, that's where I draw the line. Hiring him would make us lose a team again because nobody would bare to watch him every Jets game!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I don't like Genes recent look but I actually really enjoyed him a a sideline reporter. Also he's a super nice guy.

I was flabbergasted when they fired Laflamme. I worked for Bell Media Megacorp so I shouldn't really be surprised
Same but they need to cut salary and she earns what? $3 million a year?

Sara would be a good replacement for Beyak is they're trying to go the route of bringing in more females to the game considering Jets fans are familiar with her.

Now if Jesse Pollock is hired to cover the Jets, that's where I draw the line. Hiring him would make us lose a team again because nobody would bare to watch him every Jets game!
Natalie and Rocky are my choices.

Sara as PBP could work. Gonna miss Beyak after-all and I hope he works the Xmas Junior hockey for the next 5 years.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Sounds like she’s still going to be on the broadcast, mainly post game. She made a point to say that she won’t be a company cheerleader either, unlike someone like Edmonds.
Ain't that the truth. I've rarely heard anyone talk so much without saying anything.
And especially, never a negative word about the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad