Sandelin, is he always this out of tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

It all started to go bad when he didn't choose Robbie Earl.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MePutPuckInNet said:
What is WRONG with this guy?

The line's he's been rolling suck, for the most part. There's a ton of talent on that team, but if he can't line the boys up better than he's doing, they should just revolt and do it themselves.

The team has scored 11 goals in two games. Obviously something is working up front. The Bourque/O'Sullivan/Stafford line has shown some nice chemistry, as has Fristche and Kessel. Sandelin has also moved pieces like Schremp, Callahan, Hensick, and Pineault up and down the depth chart as their play dictates. I think he's done a fine job managing the forwards. The defense is another story, but you can't necessarily blame him for the results.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Rabid Ranger said:
The team has scored 11 goals in two games. Obviously something is working up front. The Bourque/O'Sullivan/Stafford line has shown some nice chemistry, as has Fristche and Kessel. Sandelin has also moved pieces like Schremp, Callahan, Hensick, and Pineault up and down the depth chart as their play dictates. I think he's done a fine job managing the forwards. The defense is another story, but you can't necessarily blame him for the results.
I agree Ranger. He is doing everything he can with what he's got. Hard to argue with the offense at this point, but as you said the D is another story. More than the D, is the play of former MVP goaltender Montoya. He had better give his head a shake, and soon. He is not playing nearly as good as he did last year, and this team needs him to do just that, if they hope to repeat. He has allowed 8 goals in two games, yes they did still win those games, but it's tough to take anything strong out of his performances thus far.

It is actually quite common to see a goaltender shine in the WJC in his draft year and then not be as good the following year. Look no further than MA Fleury last year. The TSN boys said it best during the US - Russia game. They said that a prospect has it alot easier than a pick. Once you've been picked you have all of that added pressure to play up to your promise. When you are a prospect 30 teams are singing your praises, but when you are a pick, only one team is singing.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
How come Jack Johnson isn't on the team?
I thought he would be on it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad