Post-Game Talk: San Jose Sharks vs New Jersey Devils: Moore Risky Business

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well if the Yankees win Game 7 that'll be a pain for the sales department (and great bargain shopping on the secondary market) given Games 3 and 4 of the WS would be Friday-Saturday and 'home' games in NY to boot.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Can't win them all but this was not a good effort at all.

Got out skated, out worked and out hustled from the first shift.

Terrible game to watch as a Devils fan.

The empty seats did not help give them a push either.

The building really filled in and I thought the crowd was great given the circumstances.

The team looked fine for about a period and a half as well. They were getting chances, but there was just absolutely no puck luck tonight. The second half of the game you could really tell they were gassed. Defense sucked, but that's normal.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I felt bad for the girl singing the anthem. She was doing fine, I don't know if stage fright got to her or not. I thought we did well to finish the anthem as a crowd though.

I see it was a microphone glitch. That sucks. She was doing a good job.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
MoJo has been mostly MehJo through 7 games.

I'm genuinely concerned there given he's not been as advertised. I didnt think tonight was particularly any worse than he has been playing, just meh.

He definitely has been disappointing. He doesn't create much and usually is a beneficiary of playing with good line mates. I'd honestly prefer seeing Bratt on the 2nd line and Mojo moved down to the 3rd.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
It makes no sense benching Palmieri .. he's a vet and knows when he screws up. Taking one of your best players off the ice to prove a point he already knows is stupid.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nico obviously not happy about the outcome of this one

151-bedfca72.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mojo made an excellent pass to Stafford that Jones just robbed from Stafford.

He is making some good passes, but they aren’t going in for his linemates right now. He gassed out as the game went on with the rest of them.

I wouldn’t be against trying him on another line though could be a chemistry issue. Henrique doesn’t seem to really mesh well with the more skilled playmakers.

Zacha and Bratt playing next to some vets would only help them too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It makes no sense benching Palmieri .. he's a vet and knows when he screws up. Taking one of your best players off the ice to prove a point he already knows is stupid.

It could have been a case where Hynes said next guy to take a penalty gets benched and it happened to come up on Palmieri. And benching a big-name guy like Palm is as much to get the message through to the rest of the team by using him as an example that nobody's beyond benching as it is to get the message through to him.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I like it. It's early in the season. I'm a big fan of punishment and holding people accountable. More coaches should drop the hammer IMO.

Only disagreement is 10 minutes is too long in a game you're losing when it's one of your better forwards. Five minutes would have been message sent.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't understand why DD constantly brings up the Pete factor, just like the Torts factor with the CBJ. We sucked against the CBJ before Torts coached there. Ever since they moved to our division in 2013-2014, which was two years before Torts got there.

The Sharks were a cup finalist in 2016, and probably should have made it at least to the second round last year, but died out late in the season and got obliterated by Edmonton in the playoffs.

We were a bad team in 15-16 and a completely terrible team last year. They beat us while Pete has been there, because they've been a much better team. Not because Pete wants to badly beat us, or because Pete makes sure they're ready to play and ready to beat us or because Pete somehow magically coaches a better game than when he's coaching against a random team like Montreal or Carolina.

Pete had them ready to play against us in March of 2016, yet we still shut them out, while only having something like 15 shots on goal of our own....

And for what it's worth, I wonder what our record was against the Panthers, while Pete coached here? Not including the playoffs, I would bet the Panthers had a winning record, even though it wasn't completely one-sided in their favor.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
That was no microphone glitch. Between her hurried singing and her attempt to re-sing the part she forgot, that was all her...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad