Jesper Bratt - Pavel Zacha - Brian Gibbons
Miles Wood - Blake Coleman - Jimmy Hayes

Andy Greene - Damon Severson
John Moore - Ben Lovejoy
Micro Mueller - Will Butcher

Keith Kinkaid

You know what time it is? Time...

166958.gif

Nico scored, Devils are 6-1, and it is Friday!

900608.gif

Keeping it simple with the Nico dance!!!

908741.gif

BECAUSE THIS HYPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES!!!!!

0He9QbZ.gif

Now let's just watch some Interdimensional MSG+

ngqweUW.gif

Last edited:

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Not a snowball's chance in hell after the Ottawa game.
Definitely not.

Also, I find it interesting how when Mueller plays he averages around 18 or so min, but everyone who replaces him winds up getting around 12-13 min.

I think these scratches are definitely more teachable moments for Mirco rather than him being bad.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely not.

Also, I find it interesting how when Mueller plays he averages around 18 or so min, but everyone who replaces him winds up getting around 12-13 min.

I think these scratches are definitely more teachable moments for Mirco rather than him being bad.

I’ve liked the ice time splits when Mueller plays much more then when he doesn’t.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Might be for the best with Cory banged up, and we had a lot of guys limping off tonight from some big blocked shots.
true, they are just playing so well right now but I don't their play to dip....but then again they had a week off between the end of the pre season and the regular season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Definitely not.

I hope so but it's a little concerning they've scratched him half the games to this point. Especially after what they paid to get him. Eventually he's going to have to learn by playing, and they have another long break after this.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Definitely not.

Shero said on Media Day that the staff will be working closely with their greener players. He emphasized the teaching aspect of it, and that not all learning happens on the ice. Mueller hasn't been impressive, so I suspect they're having him take a step back by watching from above. It isn't the end of the world.

I hope so but it's a little concerning they've scratched him half the games to this point. Especially after what they paid to get him. Eventually he's going to have to learn by playing, and they have another long break after this.

Shero landed this organization Kyle Palmieri and Marcus Johansson using the same level pick he used to acquire Mueller. He knows what he paid. To my point above, I suspect they're working with Mueller to iron out his worst wrinkles early on, to maximize the value of the investment.

There's something to be said about learning on the ice during a game, but there's also the potential to repeat mistakes and destroy confidence. It's a tough line to toe, but I trust their mindset.

Reactions: MadDog172430

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Should win this game if we continue to play strong. However I won't be able to watch.

giphy.gif

Last time i wasn't able to watch was against Washington.

Reactions: Bleedred

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Interesting game tonight. A contrast in systems. The Devils are being built like the Pens and Leafs , while the Sharks are an older team that is bigger and stronger, similar to the the Kings and Ducks.

Those teams have given us trouble in the past, I'm curious to see how we handle them tonight. I love that we're a top scoring team, however, I would like to see our GA go done bit. If our forwards do a good job picking up Burns, we can walk away with a win.

Last edited:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
What a bizarre time of year to have a week off. Although there are fears of losing momentum, I could see it being a good chance to get some long practices in to tighten up the D and PK. Cory gets some time to heal up, too.

It's going to be brutal on this board, though. No way around it.

So pumped that we have another game tonight.

ButcherAndTheBratt

Oct 20, 2017
Interesting game tonight. A contrast in systems. The Devils are being built like Pens and Leafs , while the Sharks are an older team that is bigger and stronger, similar to the the Kings and Ducks.

Those teams have given us trouble in the past, I'm curious to see how we handle them tonight. I love that we're a top scoring team, however, I would like to see our GA go done bit. If our forwards do a good job picking up Burns, we can walk away with a win.

Yeah, Burns has a way of ripping us apart. He will be the test of this team tonight.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Their PP scares me; it'll be hard for our PK groups to manage their overbearing guys like Burns and Pavelski. Then you have a savvy clean-up guy with Couture, a good pivot in Thornton. Stay out of the box, for the love of God.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad