San Jose Sharks Defeat Anaheim Ducks 4-0 and Advance to the Western Conference Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I don't mind the Sharks winning, but I just chose Vegas over San Jose, because the former is an inaugural team.

Yeah I mean... Im an oil fan, sharks did me good by drilling anaheim, now I need the to hit the next round for my bracket.

Otherwise, I have no vested interest in this series. Go winnerpeg

Reactions: Slicknitty

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yeah I mean... Im an oil fan, sharks did me good by drilling anaheim, now I need the to hit the next round for my bracket.

Otherwise, I have no vested interest in this series. Go winnerpeg

My favourites are Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Toronto, and Vegas.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Not really, although Johansen is pretty overrated as a 1c. 20 5v5 points is pretty poor production for Hertl in the regular season, and I wouldn't say he destroyed Getzlaf. he was at 37 cf% and 41 xgf% going into tonight, which is pretty bad

I love advanced stats but CF% doesn't tell the full story in a series where Hertl's team had the lead for pretty much the entire time. At the end of the day, the objective is to score GF and prevent GA. Hertl had a CF% close of 56.86% and a FF% close of 58.54%.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
See ya later Ducks! Got as many wins as the Oilers these playoffs.

lullll

giphy.gif

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Full credit goes to the Sharks. They deserved this win on all fronts, and they played smarted, better hockey compared to the archaic style that RC wants the Ducks to go back to. I knew SJ was advancing and the Ducks just landed here out of pure luck after how the season went. The guys on our team just flat out ran out of gas playing the RC style of hockey.

Im glad the series is over and hopefully it exposed the idiocy of Carlyle's coaching style.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Jones was better than he was last year. Offence was better than last year, Kane and healthy Pavelski and then you’ve got Donskoi lighting it up..

Hope these guys can beat Nashville/Colorado/whoever

Ps: McLellan sucks

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamin and Coffey

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not sure if not getting invited to the party is the same as going and not having a good time ...... As a Blues fan I would have liked to inside the house instead of peeping through a window and laughing ... just saying
Oiler fans still a bit roughed up from last year.. but lets be honest oilers wernt even at the window they were in a tree down the street with binoculars.

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
It's just too bad there was the offsides challenge rearing its ugly head again. Even though my team was on the right side of it this time, it is still an absolutely stupid rule and if you support it you need to explain yourself and then get smarter.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
It's just too bad there was the offsides challenge rearing its ugly head again. Even though my team was on the right side of it this time, it is still an absolutely stupid rule and if you support it you need to explain yourself and then get smarter.

Last nights game is why the rule was put in place. Getzlaf clearly doesn't gain the zone and two players are a full strides ahead of the play and a goal is score off the initial rush.

This was not some foot half an inch off the ice play.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Last nights game is why the rule was put in place. Getzlaf clearly doesn't gain the zone and two players are a full strides ahead of the play and a goal is score off the initial rush.

This was not some foot half an inch off the ice play.

Well said, that was clear offside and I'd say losing a game over a cheap goal like this is a lot worse for the NHL.

I've seen the offside rule go against the Sharks and for, it happens all the time.

People are just bitter because the Ducks were facing elimination, but watch that replay, it's really not debatable.

Getzlaf had the puck on the blue line (never crossing it) and 2 duck players were already in the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad