San Jose and the World Junior Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Three of San Jose's prospects are looking to impress at this years edition of the World Junior Hockey Championship in Vancouver. Two of the Shark hopefuls will be suiting up for Canada they are forwards Tom Pyatt and Kyle Chipchura. The other prospect is a young defenseman Taylor Chorney from the North Dakota Fighting Sioux.

Tom Pyatt - Look for Pyatt to play a rough and tumble game during the WJCs. He along with Steve Downie and Dan Bertram look to play the patent "energy line" role as seen in all of the Canadian Junior teams previous.

Kyle Chipchura - Named the captain of this year's team Coach Sutter said, "Chipchura is really a reflection of myself." Kyle looks to lead a relatively young squad to the Gold with his ability to contribute on offense but also play a hard-nosed WHL style hockey game.

Taylor Chorney - The young defenseman coming from North Dakota was a stand out at the summer camp despite his relatively small stature and young age. Look for Chorney to see alot of powerplay time, and log some key 5-on-5 minutes as his strengths are strong positional play and great hockey sense.

These three players look to impress the San Jose Scouting Staff on their way to hopefully playing for the big club one day!

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
I forgot to mention Alexander Radulov, I did not see his name on the Tryout Roster on tsn.ca so I just assumed he wasn't playing for whatever reason but here it is...

Alexander Radulov - This very talented winger will be playing with Malkin and Voloshenko. Look for this trio to turn some heads with a boat load of talent. These three have the ability to give goalies nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad