Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It’s going to make a lot of sense to them to bring Manning back

zllr35j.png

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sanheim had his little time-share thing with ManDog before getting in Hakstol's -- don't say dog house -- dog house.

I'm not sure they would have Myers break camp to be the #7 going in and out. That wasn't the GM's plan with Sanheim to sit for that long either. For Myers to split-start, another prospect would also have to exit the lineup. It'd be messy. It doesn't have to do with Myers and him avoiding the Sanheimian double standard, which I think he will in part, but the other players on the roster.

We all know a lineup of Provy-Ghost/Sanheim-Gudas/Mac (read: de Haan)-Myers is probably the best lineup, but Hagg has to find his way out of their good graces long-term. Good luck with that. I still mildly worry about a Gudas trade to free up that spot, but they're so veteran-mad it fortunately is unlikely. It's easiest to me to see them just stick Myers back down waiting for an injury. It's a proven method for decision making.

The mouthpiece narrative is different, I must admit. It's more akin to how they spoke about Hagg at the end of last year than Sanheim.

I guess the secondary discussion here is what Myers has to do on the ice to stay in the lineup once he gets there because I agree with all of this. Is it as simple as hoping for puck luck? I wish I had a better feel for whether they would prioritize pairing construction or playing the 6 best as they see them. Transition years are tricky for that. I'm not sure they know.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
All you have to do is watch Sanheim in the AHL to know why he gets them nervous.

Myers tries to do too much at times, but to be fair, that was the only way they were moving the puck up ice.
But he's more physical than Sanheim, and that's one of the things they're looking for, especially in the D-zone.

If they want another D-man like Ghost, they can just trade Sanheim for a skilled, small defenseman with speed, agility and skill.
They would like to see Sanheim play up to his size.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It’s going to make a lot of sense to them to bring Manning back and we can’t say for sure they weren’t already in the business of upgrading the position. They’re going to want someone they see as reliable to fill that role at a low cost and Manning has been their guy for that for a few years now.

Not if they want a defensemen that doesn't suck.

Reactions: renberg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
You are starting to get on the ice in the 5th month to do some light skating and can get to more normal skating after the 6th month . Then you are another two months getting it out of your head that you can trust it. Its a shitty long injury but will come back fully it's just a matter of time.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
hope this means Myers can now crack the top 6 at camp. let Hagg or AMac be the 7.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
All you have to do is watch Sanheim in the AHL to know why he gets them nervous.

Myers tries to do too much at times, but to be fair, that was the only way they were moving the puck up ice.
But he's more physical than Sanheim, and that's one of the things they're looking for, especially in the D-zone.

If they want another D-man like Ghost, they can just trade Sanheim for a skilled, small defenseman with speed, agility and skill.
They would like to see Sanheim play up to his size.

So you changed your mind on the "Sanheim will be a bigger Ghost so Ghost becomes tradable"?

This is disappointing. Hopefully it's November and not February.
As weird as it sounds, February is actually better in the long run as Magua posted. Throw him in the AHL for conditioning, then he can be on the roster the rest of the year without having to expose him to waivers. If he comes back in November, then at some point, a decision has to be made.

Oh, and to everyone, sorry again that I jinxed him by changing my avatar to him to start the season. Doomed!

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
So you changed your mind on the "Sanheim will be a bigger Ghost so Ghost becomes tradable"?

As weird as it sounds, February is actually better in the long run as Magua posted. Throw him in the AHL for conditioning, then he can be on the roster the rest of the year without having to expose him to waivers. If he comes back in November, then at some point, a decision has to be made.

Oh, and to everyone, sorry again that I jinxed him by changing my avatar to him to start the season. Doomed!

I'd imagine Ghost is quite valuable around the league nevermind his contract. I like Sanheim but I don't think you'd get a Ghost like player for him right at the moment. It was possible for him to lead the league in points this year. Sanheim could get to that point of value but I don't think he's there as of now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers is going to start, they like him, they'll rag him for trying to do too much on offense, and slobber over him being physical on defense.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Tough break for Samuel. I was looking forward to him making it out of camp next season.

Even though it would be awesome for Manning to come back, I don't think it's in the cards. I'd still rather have him in the lineup than Hagg or Gudas, but the Dog is probably heading somewhere out west. We shall see after July 1 where he lands.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It essentially wipes away 2 years girl him. It really sucks.

But it's also why trading any of the young D for a forward made no sense endless of course you trade the right one.

Add a few more Dmen at the draft to start building up again.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So, Manning is going to be resigned.

And by November Hakstol will be using the same defensive lineup that he did last year.

Another year in the AHL for Sanheim and Myers.

Sounds about right.

Good thing im cutting the cord before the season starts.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad