Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
the one who can play defense.
Avs were fortunate Girard went down in Round-2...because he was, is and forever will be the weakest link on that defense. Sakic should trade him for cap space...the rest of the defense is sick. No need in having a puck-mover who needs to be significantly sheltered when the rest of the defense has no problem moving the puck.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
the one who can play defense.
Avs were fortunate Girard went down in Round-2...because he was, is and forever will be the weakest link on that defense. Sakic should trade him for cap space...the rest of the defense is sick. No need in having a puck-mover who needs to be significantly sheltered when the rest of the defense has no problem moving the puck.
Serg can play defense? He's better than Girard because he's much more dynamic as an overall player but I don't think his defensive prowess is the reason.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Serg can play defense? He's better than Girard because he's much more dynamic as an overall player but I don't think his defensive prowess is the reason.

Exactly this. Serg is for some reason seen as a great defensive D, which he is not.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Frankly, especially considering contracts...ideally i wouldn't have either. Not accounting for contracts, i'd take Sergachyov. But that new deal makes him basically a no-go for me. So i'd have to take Girard...but i really don't want that either. Hugely overrated, soft defenceman.

Where's the "other" option? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad