Prospect Info: Samuel Blais

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
We've lost a ton of posts, in this thread particular. What is going on?

I noticed on the header the other day, it mentioned that while they were trying to transfer everything, there was no guarantee. Must have gotten lost in the move.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
This was the most savage take in this thread. Ruthless, my man.
Lol I replied that I would gladly eat crow if he turns out to be a NHLer, I think it got lost in the switch. To be fair, he was several inches smaller when I made that comment. Im not sure we are talking about him if he is still 5'10".

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
He's been quite the find.

Even if he only becomes a third liner, that's still amazing given where he was drafted. I still think he can be an effective second liner once he figures out the NHL. ALthough it's his intelligence that makes him valuable, he has been improving in almost all areas of his game from year to year. He's incredibly deceptive. He has this ability to fool players around him into thinking they know where he will shoot or pass.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I'm super stoked Blais has played well so far during camp and preseason, hopefully the Blues drafted that rare impact player in the 6th round. Can't wait to see how he performs during a real NHL game.:yo:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Blias has been recalled and Thompson sent down. I am good with this move. Love Thompson, but for him to develop into a center, he needs playing time in the AHL.

Blias had a solid camp and his hot start means he earned his spot. Good for him.

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Blais post draft listed at 5-10 164 lbs, on Blues site currently listed at 5-10 205 lbs?? Holy protein powder!!

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Yeah I thought he had a growth spurt, wasn't sure actual height why I had ??. But 40 pounds, if thats accurate is impressive. 6th rounder, we are all pulling for him.

aceoutdoor

Jun 7, 2012
Well Robb, he appears he is definitely gonna be a NHL player. At pick 176 can we call that a gem?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Blais has looked like hew belongs out there on NHL ice in today's game. The O-Zone. He's made some very good passes, and taken some good shots, and has all fit in well with his linemates (Schwartz and Schenn).

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think he had 3 great chances, but missed the net all 3 times IIRC (might have been 2). To be fair though, everyone was missing the net last night.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I think he had 3 great chances, but missed the net all 3 times IIRC (might have been 2). To be fair though, everyone was missing the net last night.
One chance was on goal and a nice save by Vasilevsky. He missed on his other two chances.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
His overall play is more impressive than Thompson's so far. Blais looks like he can be a future all-situation middle-6 winger.

It is still early but he definitely picked right up where he left camp, he has looked very good so far which is great news for us, when you start to have 3rd and later picks make it to the show and have an impact then your franchise can be really good.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Blais played well again tonight. He looks comfortable in NHL play. And his game is not diminished by coming up to the higher league. His overall game is solid and translates well to The NHL.

He's made some heady plays, but he still has some adjusting to to do for sure. You could see the Chicago defense adjust mid game to him and as he started to get less space with the puck, he couldn't find the spaces and plays he was making against Tampa and earlier in the game. On Allen's huge stick save, Blais had the puck on his stick and was turning up ice to clear, but he wasn't aware who was on the ice with him and got pick pocketed by Kane, leading to the big scrum.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Blais looks fantastic to me. He's showing he has some skill and hockey sense but the most impressive thing is that he's playing hard nosed, goes to the dirty areas with and w/o the puck, forechecks hard and wins puck battles, when u combine that with skill and vision, u get a top6/middle 6 scoring winger. Very excited for him.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
He has been excellent. Love watching him hustle out there and he's got a nice touch to his play as well.

Can't help but think of Blaze from Nick Jr. Though when I hear his name (as doc was pronouncing it last night)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad