Sami Zayn and KO (AEW?)

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
does anyone else feel like these two are routinely dumped on by the WWE...

Sami Zayn is a phenomenal in-ring performer and has talent on the mic as well...he makes a great heel and I really think a chase vs Kofi Kingston could be one of the top feuds in the company for the year. The guy works hard but it kills me to see him so underutilized because he does not look like a grizzly bear on steroids

Kevin Owens should be a main event guy on WWE, the guy is just a pro...he sells well, he is entertaining and he certainy could be the anti-hero the WWE has been trying to find since SCSA left the scene...again brutally used

it hurts to see those two get jobbed out to Kofi to lose essentially a 2 v 1 match (2 separate matches for those who didn't see it)

I feel like a transition to AEW would most likely rejuvenate these guy's careers as they could get back to wrestling instead of jobbing to whoever Vince is trying to cram down the fans throats

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kevin Owens signed a five year deal last year.

Sami Zayn has already talked about life after wrestling (Talk is Jericho).

They are horribly misused in WWE, though. Zayn was never really used properly on the main roster to begin with. It’s a shame.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Owen's just signed a 5 year deal last year, he's going nowhere

Zayn signed a three year deal this year, so he's going nowhere either.

I also doubt that AEW is going to add too many more workers to their roster, they don't want to have a bloated roster where people are sitting at home collecting pay. A lot of WWE mid carders that think that they are going to AEW on the expiration of their deal will probably be surprised.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
A lot of them should look to Japan, honestly.

Harper, Owens, Zayn, Rusev and Sasha would probably be welcomed with open arms to AEW, but that’s about it imo. Sasha for the women’s division, Harper as the big agile man, Rusev as the hoss, and Owens and Zayn are just a great package of talent that fit in.

Someone like Chad Gable should go to NJPW.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Not at all. The two of them have a big spot in the company and are regularly featured. Owens is a former Universal champion and despite losing, doesn't seem to lose any of his fanfare or card spots.

Zayn may lose often and he may be criticized for just saying what Vince thinks, but he does a good job of it. Also doesn't seem to be too effected by losing.

Reactions: scrubadam

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's been speculated that Sami Zayn is his own worst enemy and that he's a giant pain the ass to work with. Careers have been killed for less.

I agree on Owens though although I don't know that going to AEW magically solves everything for these guys (which he can't as he just signed long term)

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
It's been speculated that Sami Zayn is his own worst enemy and that he's a giant pain the ass to work with. Careers have been killed for less.

I agree on Owens though although I don't know that going to AEW magically solves everything for these guys (which he can't as he just signed long term)

More meant as a necessary change of scenery more so than AEW specific (could ave been more detailed on that one)

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I honestly don't think Owens has been used THAT horribly. There's far worse examples on the roster of talented guys getting f***ed around.

He's been in prominent feuds. He went over Cena to start his WWE career. He's held countless titles. He's in a lull right now but he's built to the point where he can slide anywhere on the card and fit right in. He could be put in a legit feud with anybody right now and it'll work. He's fine.

Reactions: Disclose

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not convinced that AEW is a rejuvenation chamber for former WWE wrestlers, or that AEW wants to be filled with former WWE wrestlers. I'd like both guys to get more free rein and not get yanked around by WWE of course, but let's see what AEW turns out like. It may be worth noting down the road that Owens was seemingly friends with the Young Bucks back in his indy Mount Rushmore days. I think Owens is fine with WWE for now overall.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Money talks. Owens has a family to take care of and from my knowledge, has enjoyed working there. I don't understand anything about Zayn's personal life besides the fact that he's a great guy who loves charity work.

And everyone who assumes that since these two aren't being booked well (like 95% of the roster) means they're unhappy. Maybe they're perfectly content where they are? Stop assuming that everyone not the WWE champion is gonna bail and become world class in AEW.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i agree not everyone can go to AEW (but there are other companies offering money anyways. not just them)

but Owens, he's super good friends with the Bucks and Cody.... he WOULD 100% be targeted by AEW in 5 years if they still around.
and he's already making money thanks too this contract. as a family man that he is. i wouldnt be surprise if he does leaves to be closer to home and less dates.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Owens and Zayn all over TV. Raw and Smackdown every week. They are fighting the two champs almost every week or other week.

Yes they are losing, but they are heels and the champs are the champs.

Since wrestling is fake and wins and losses aren't real, TV time is actually more important than fake wins. And these two guys are all over TV. Sami gets a ton of promo and match time.

When the tides turn and WWE will go with heels they will get their wins. For now they are doing their part in the stories while probably being top 5 exposed wrestlers in WWE.

But they would help AEW big time, which in reality has a pretty thin roster. After you get past Omega, LB and YB it kinda drops off.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Both guys are still focal points on WWE TV. Sure they could be used better but I doubt they go to AEW or anywhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad