Status
Not open for further replies.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
When he is on his game he is a difference maker, he is underrated defensively but has struggled this year and last (maybe due to injuries) He has had some horrible turnovers this season like head scratching. He plays a lot bigger than he is (which might be the cause of injuries)

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
My heart is broken.

Everyone here knew that a Vatanen trade was happening eventually, but this still hits me like a truck. Even though he's had some trouble since returning from his injury, I've been a huge Vatanen fan ever since his (SM-)Liiga seasons. Thanks for everything and best of luck in New Jersey, Sami.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Devils fan here - care to give a scouting report?
He'll great for NJ's PK & PP units. He just wasn't going to get those minutes as much anymore.
A change of scenery might help him get back to being Vatman where he's firing his slapshot around like a cannon. As a team the Ducks D has made alot of mistakes this year in general partially due to missing top 6 centers, i think his defense will return to his career norms of being pretty good for a Offensive D-man.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
My heart is broken.

Everyone here knew that a Vatanen trade was happening eventually, but this still hits me like a truck. Even though he's had some trouble since returning from his injury, I've been a huge Vatanen fan ever since his (SM-)Liiga seasons. Thanks for everything and best of luck in New Jersey, Sami.

Can't say more. Especially knowing playing for the Ducks was his childhood dream and his career goal, trading him away just feels wrong despite being well aware of the fact that he was the one guy to be traded or the betterment of the team. Business is business and it's not always kind. Thanks for everything, Vatman.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sad to hear. Will Devils give him keerole and sing his name along?

I wasn't posting here at that time, but I remember "keerole", the "hockey professor" and the "hype train". Seems like it was only yesterday.

Speaking of singing along:

Yesterday,
All these troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly,
He's not quite the D he used to be
There was a shadow hanging over him
Oh, a trade came suddenly

Why he had to go?
I don't know, they wouldn't say
He did a few things wrong,
now I long for yesterday

Yesterday,
Hockey was such an easy game to play
Now he needs a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Why he had to go?
I don't know, they wouldn't say
He did a few things wrong,
now I long for yesterday

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Vatanen stays 1 point from tying 6th all time of Franchise D scoring with 126 (Olausson is 6th with 127)

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Sad to see him go but we got a good return for him.

Sami is also going to a team trending upwards which is good to see!

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He didn't get any points but lead Devils defenseman in ice time with 23:13 almost 2 min more then any other defenseman in his first game with his new team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Loved him in his debut. Still needs to adjust but he looked good all around outside a gaffe or two.

Can definitely see how he is going to be a huge gain for our PP when he gets some practice time and we settle out the new units.

Seems like a real nice guy too. Ben Lovejoy was over the top excited to see him come here.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Loved him in his debut. Still needs to adjust but he looked good all around outside a gaffe or two.

Can definitely see how he is going to be a huge gain for our PP when he gets some practice time and we settle out the new units.

Seems like a real nice guy too. Ben Lovejoy was over the top excited to see him come here.

Vats is going to fit right in, especially with all the former Ducks you have in your lineup (KP, Noesen, the Reverend).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Vats is going to fit right in, especially with all the former Ducks you have in your lineup (KP, Noesen, the Reverend).

I was disappointed I wasn’t able to hear KP’s opinion on all of it but he is still rehabbing his foot.

I did read that he was helping Henrique a lot in explaining the area and giving him contact info of the Ducks players he still kept in contact with.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Vatanen is a super nicr guy, always has a smile on his face.

Idk if he showed his shot for you guys today but he has a rocket of a shot. Very competitive in board battles... sounds like the coaches trusted him a bit or maybe just wanted to get a good look at him

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Vatanen is a super nicr guy, always has a smile on his face.

Idk if he showed his shot for you guys today but he has a rocket of a shot. Very competitive in board battles... sounds like the coaches trusted him a bit or maybe just wanted to get a good look at him

Hynes said that they will plan to use him in all situations as long as he keeps it up.

Seems to me he has a real quick release with good power. We need that as Severson’s shot is soft as hell.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Hynes said that they will plan to use him in all situations as long as he keeps it up.

Seems to me he has a real quick release with good power. We need that as Severson’s shot is soft as hell.

Yeah, he has a good shot. He’ll give the penalty killers something to think about, and they’ll need to respect that he can fire it. If they give him the chance, and a lane, he’ll create a good chance with his shot.

He also likes to look for that cross ice backdoor play, especially if he can creep in a little and make himself more of a threat with his shot.

In my opinion, those are the top two types of plays you’ll see from him on the PP. He’ll contribute all-around on the PP, but I think those two are his favorites for when he’s the one creating the goal. Or, at least, the ones that work consistently for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->