Sami Sandell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Just a few questions about Sami Sandell of Brandon Wheat Kings. I have high hopes for this kid, but I didn't find anything on these boards about him. I have actually never seen him play, but some of my fellow Ilves fans seem to think he's the best Ilves junior of the '87 age class. Even better than Perttu Lindgren, who's been having a great rookie season in finnish SM-liiga. I only know that last season Wheat Kings was a very good team and Sandell couldn't get much ice time. This season it seems that he has more responsibility and has also been able to produce some points.

Has aynone seen Sandell's games?
How has he looked? What do you think are his strenghts and weaknesses?
Do you think he will be picked in this year's NHL draft?
Is he going to stay another year in the WHL or is he coming back to Finland? (and hopefully play for Ilves, and hopefully be as good as Perttu... :innocent: )

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Ipa said:
Just a few questions about Sami Sandell of Brandon Wheat Kings. I have high hopes for this kid, but I didn't find anything on these boards about him. I have actually never seen him play, but some of my fellow Ilves fans seem to think he's the best Ilves junior of the '87 age class. Even better than Perttu Lindgren, who's been having a great rookie season in finnish SM-liiga. I only know that last season Wheat Kings was a very good team and Sandell couldn't get much ice time. This season it seems that he has more responsibility and has also been able to produce some points.

Has aynone seen Sandell's games?
How has he looked? What do you think are his strenghts and weaknesses?
Do you think he will be picked in this year's NHL draft?
Is he going to stay another year in the WHL or is he coming back to Finland? (and hopefully play for Ilves, and hopefully be as good as Perttu... :innocent: )

As a WK's season tickeet holder ive seen Sami plenty of times........he works hard......he can be a physical player........isnt afraid of the corners.......he has a little bit of skill and shows flashes of good skill set.......hes got an average shot decent wrist shot......is a 2 way player.

Last year with the WK's he was burried on the third and 4th line and did rarely play or have an effect on the game....this year he has played between first and 2nd line after brandon lost its top 2 lines.........hes had some pretty good games this year.....a few 3 point games and i think one 4 point game.

I think hes 18 this year so he should be back for 1 more season if this is the case as Brandon wont cut him at 19.........as for getting picked in the draft.......If he does he wont likely be above about a 6th - 7th round pick.......hopefully the kid keeps progressing though because he def. has shown some ability this year.
hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad