SAM SAM SAM I AM

• Reinhart

Votes: 123 74.5%
  • Bennett

Votes: 42 25.5%

• Total voters

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bennett can play the game "without the puck" if you know what I mean, so him.

and No I do not mean defensive game, I mean more of a pesky, psychical, agitating role if needed.
Reinharts game is not like that, and I'm a huge fan of Reinhart.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

and No I do not mean defensive game, I mean more of a pesky, psychical, agitating role if needed.
I would trade Bennett for Reinhart if I was Calgary so idk . He has been better since he got turned into a winger tho but he’s always gonna be stuck behind Johnny hockey and tkachuk tho so maybe it’s just cuz of positions

Last edited:

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
In the last 15 games, Bennett has looked better than Reinhart has his entire career. If he finds consistency, he will be a fantastic top 6 winger for a long time. Even when he isn't scoring, he passes the eye test and does a lot of other important things on the ice. Easily Bennett.
Do you think Bennett's last 15 games will be representative of his entire career?

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Nobody knows for sure but since he is still very young, is it a surprise that he "figured" it out?
He very well may has figured it out. I'm just saying you could pick a sample of 15 games of anyone's career and probably say it's better than "player x." I mean, I could probably find a 15 game stretch for Reinhart where he was better than Bennett's last 15 games.

I guess my main argument to the poster I quoted is sample size

Reactions: Garthinater

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
He very well may has figured it out. I'm just saying you could pick a sample of 15 games of anyone's career and probably say it's better than "player x." I mean, I could probably find a 15 game stretch for Reinhart where he was better than Bennett's last 15 games.

So Sam Bennett starts career in wing. Scores 18 goals and 36 points. Very respectable. He is then moved to centre and struggles to find the scoreboard last season. Again, this season he continues to struggle. In comes Jankowski. Sam goes to wing and picks up right where he left off two years ago. I feel like this isn't coincidence. He is better suited at wing and it shows on the scoresheet. Once he starts to receive more looks on the powerplay, his production will continue to improve.

Long story, short.... yes. Being a guy who has watched a tonne of him since his junior days, I think he continues at this level of production.

Reactions: Kahvi

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

OK understood

I am just saying it looks like Bennett "may" have figured it out and trending up. Not sure the same can be said for Reinhart at the moment.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I really like both players.
Bennett was absolutely snake-bitten at the start of the season; but he gives you 100% effort every night, hits and creates. You have two different types of players; but Bennett's the better one even while he's slumping.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Do you think Bennett's last 15 games will be representative of his entire career?

Maybe. The one thing you need to keep in mind is the position change. He looked lost at a center. He looked really good as a winger. I think he'll slow down a tad, but I think the last 15 games are much close to what he's capable of compared to his first 15 games.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Garbage? Trash? Wow some of you people could really work on yourselves as humans.

I’d take Bennett simply because he plays a more rare style of game. Reinhart is a really good, young talent as well.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Think Reinhart has more offensive game/upside, but Bennett is a better grinder, energy player even if used in a lesser role. For the Leafs, Bennett because we have younger/players that play up the lineup and can shelter him offensively if he ever struggles. But it's close.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017
Every time I've watched Bennett this year I've come away impressed, couldn't say the same for Reinhart.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Every time I've watched Bennett this year I've come away impressed, couldn't say the same for Reinhart.

Well, it's what Calgary fans have been saying all season about Sam.
Problem is, 90% of this board is sleeping by the time Calgary even gets to play, so, when you look at his hockeydb page and see he's not putting up numbers, clearly he's a bust.

He didn't have a point last night against St Louis, but his line was dangerous all night.

Reactions: North Man

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
When you watch Bennett, you can see a guy so close to take the next step to become a star.

It's still to be seen whether he will be successful, some players were never able to make that next step.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Reinhart's off-the-puck game is nothing short of brilliant.

Reactions: sufferer

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Reinhart is the obvious answer today and in a vacuum, but Bennett is slowly showing signs of reinventing himself. I wouldn't be surprised if the day comes when Bennett is a better checker than Reinhart is a 2nd line center.

Bennett is disappointing because he went 4th overall but if he was undrafted, people would be thinking there's a chance this guy turns into a pretty good 3rd line player.

With Reinhart, it's top 6 or bust.

Would you like to elaborate on why Reinhart is the "obvious answer"? Aside from the fact you're an Oilers fan, of course.

Reinhart was taken second overall, shouldn't that make him even more disappointing?

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Would you like to elaborate on why Reinhart is the "obvious answer"? Aside from the fact you're an Oilers fan, of course.

Reinhart was taken second overall, shouldn't that make him even more disappointing?
One guy has had two 40+ seasons while the other has 26 points last season.

And pick your battles. I also said I wouldn't be surprised if Bennett ends up being the more valuable player...even though I'm apparently an Oilers fan with a blind hatred for the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad