Proposal: Sam Reinhart to Oilers for their likely #5 to #9 pick [upd: likely #9-#10 pick]

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers can't pick in the #5-#9 range only 1, 2 , 3 or 9, 10, 11, range.

yup that was made clear to me already. i wasn't sure but now i know what will happen. can't wait for the lottery to happen so we'll all know where the top 15 actually pick and we can stop guessing. ;)

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Rather get a player like Dobson than Reinhart
If we have top 3 pick it has to be a lot better than that
Glad you guys passed on LD

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I don’t think the Sabres trade Reinhart unless it’s for immediate D help (not a prospect that needs developed). He was basically a PPG player the second half of this season on a really bad team. Sabres should probably just hold onto him.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
~10th overall just isn't moving the needle for a young, established NHLer who played at a point/game pace for the second half of the season. It's a step backward for no apparent reason, and looking at historic picks around that range, there's a fair chance the player you get there never becomes as good as Reinhart is now.

Reactions: Chainshot

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Good God no. A rational GM can just pick him up in a years time for a 2nd round pick. Or sign a simialr abled UFA and give up nothing

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You really think that next year he’ll be traded for a second round pick?

Either next year or in the short term future. He's just meh and Buffalo will do a retool

Who knows, Gagner lasted for a while in Edmonton, so maybe he will too in Buf.

In any event, there is simply no way I'd ever give up a top 10 pick for him. There is much better players to target. Sam's a fine player, but he's the definition of an average top 6 tweener

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Either next year or in the short term future. He's just meh and Buffalo will do a retool

Who knows, Gagner lasted for a while in Edmonton, so maybe he will too in Buf.

In any event, there is simply no way I'd ever give up a top 10 pick for him. There is much better players to target. Sam's a fine player, but he's the definition of an average top 6 tweener

Yea alrighty then!

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad