Proposal: Sam Reinhart to Oilers for their likely #5 to #9 pick [upd: likely #9-#10 pick]

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
He doesnt have that value. No. Plus we need a dman. So risto or no deal and your not trading risto. No deal to be made here.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Is this just value or is this should the Oilers trade for him? Value wise, maybe. Would Buffalo trade Reinhart for the #5 pick? Probably not. If the Oilers had a #5 pick, they'd probably go after a defenceman.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Is this just value or is this should the Oilers trade for him? Value wise, maybe. Would Buffalo trade Reinhart for the #5 pick? Probably not. If the Oilers had a #5 pick, they'd probably go after a defenceman.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends if we view Klefbom’s season as an aberration due to injury (I do) and Sekera’s season as a result of his ACL (not quite as confident)

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I’d do it if Dahlin, Svechnikov,Zadina,Boqvist,Hughes,Dobson,Bouchard,Wahlstrom are all gone

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Maybe, maybe not. Depends if we view Klefbom’s season as an aberration due to injury (I do) and Sekera’s season as a result of his ACL (not quite as confident)

Well if Dobson or Bouchard are on the board, and Edmonton wasn't 100% certain in them, and Buffalo thought one of them was a no miss situation, I could maybe see a deal.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well if Dobson or Bouchard are on the board, and Edmonton wasn't 100% certain in them, and Buffalo thought one of them was a no miss situation, I could maybe see a deal.

I think they will take a defenceman - Chia said the other day there’s a ‘whole cluster’ of defencemen he likes.

He’s also under the impression that our wingers are ‘adequate’ which is the absolute farthest thing from the truth.

RNH and McDavid clicked and produced at a fantastic rate - to the point that it really doesn’t matter who’s on their RW. If the Oilers were trading for Reinhart, in my opinion they’d pair him up with Leon Draisaitl.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't see why Buffalo does it. If they move him it will be to upgrade a specific other need, not to draft and develop someone.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am sure PC would do it, he loves trading for former high picks. Adam Larsson, Reinhardt I and Strome.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I’d do it if Dahlin, Svechnikov,Zadina,Boqvist,Hughes,Dobson,Bouchard,Wahlstrom are all gone

There's been media blabbing about how the Oilers should trade the pick if if isn't a top 5. I agree with this because I believe the Oilers need to win now and as good as Wahlstrom, Smith or Dobson might be in the future, the Oilers can't wait that long in my opinion .

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I don't foresee Buffalo doing it...we cant be in a state of constant rebuild. If Reinhart is moved, it will be most likely for a similar aged player which would most likely be a defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad