Player Discussion Sam Carrick

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah... I can't believe they haven't offered him a contract already for all he's done for our organization in more ways than one.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah... I can't believe they haven't offered him a contract already for all he's done for our organization in more ways than one.
I honestly don't expect anything from Vercheap but taking on cap dumps for picks/prospects.
He offered Lindholm a dollar menu contract that he thought was a serious offer.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
I honestly don't expect anything from Vercheap but taking on cap dumps for picks/prospects.
He offered Lindholm a dollar menu contract that he thought was a serious offer.
Wouldn’t taking on cap dumps contradict your clever nickname?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Coaching change seems like the easy explanation for all of these guys, but my assumption is that he was playing through something serious last year and was not himself. Looks completely rejuvenated so far, love that Cronin rewarded him with some extra ice time tonight and he delivered.

Such an easy guy to root for. Really hope he’s a lifer here.

Last edited:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Coaching change seems like the easy explanation for all of these guys, but my assumption is that he was playing through something last year and was not himself. Looks completely rejuvenated so far, love that Cronin rewarded him with some extra ice time tonight and he delivered.

Always loved the guy, has always done whatever it took to make it and great teammate. Was a key cog in winning faceoffs and being in front of the net to help win the game. Well deserved bump!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Coaching change seems like the easy explanation for all of these guys, but my assumption is that he was playing through something serious last year and was not himself. Looks completely rejuvenated so far, love that Cronin rewarded him with some extra ice time tonight and he delivered.

Shoulder surgery. He was playing through shoulder surgery. Lindholm, Beleskey, and a couple other guys had the same issue, took them 6+ months to look like themselves.

Happy he’s back in form.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm not sure if other people see something I don't, but Carrick does not have good hands. He's got a decent shot, but he fumbles pucks all the time. And his passing is not up to the standards of the first line.

He's a fun player to root for and I'm glad he's found a niche on the 4th line. I think putting him out there to win a faceoff in the offensive zone and then go muck it up in front of the net is good usage. But he would be suboptimal alongside Zegras and Terry and Carlsson in open ice play.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I think he is playing down a bit being on the 4th line. Would like to see him bumped up a bit more from time to time and see if something sticks. He looked fantastic in the late stages of the game last night.

Reactions: Dirk316

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I’m happy for Sam. He looks healthy. He has his own solid line and is not being bumped around. Plus, he doesn’t have to be “the” enforcer for the Ducks.

He got to mix it up with the top line last night, which is good for him. Cronin seems to really trust our 4th line and doesn’t hesitate to insert them deep into the 3rd period.

It has been a while since we had a solid 4th and not a revolving door of demoting 3rd liners or throwing players against the wall to see who sticks.

John

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad