Youtube: Sam Bennett vs Josh Manson / Garnet Hathaway vs Derek Grant

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Manson dropped his gloves and grabbed Bennett by the jersey and pulled him away from the scrum, needless to say it's go time when that happens, Manson was set then looked off in the distance, which is a huge mistake if you just dropped your gloves and grabbed an opponent who is willing to go. I assume he probably didn't know Bennett could throw, but that's on him. Bennett's first punch had no effect on Manson, they went toe to toe after that, Bennett ate some shots then filled him in. Bennett smartly ended the fight early as he looked gassed.
I'm pretty sure he dropped gloves to pull people off grant(he even reaches to grab jankowski(sp?)) and that's when bennet throws the punch , not blaming bennet but it was basically a freebie punch. Either way I don't think manson really cares if the guy he is fighting can throw punches, as he generally will fight anyone... and I'm willing to bet he can last longer in a fight then most. It was a good fight tho, and its too bad the stick tripped him and bennet was worn out, cause manson woulda went for another couple mins.

Like I said I don't think bennet would take that fight again.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure he dropped gloves to pull people off grant(he even reaches to grab jankowski(sp?)) and that's when bennet throws the punch , not blaming bennet but it was basically a freebie punch. Either way I don't think manson really cares if the guy he is fighting can throw punches, as he generally will fight anyone... and I'm willing to bet he can last longer in a fight then most. It was a good fight tho, and its too bad the stick tripped him and bennet was worn out, cause manson woulda went for another couple mins.

Like I said I don't think bennet would take that fight again.

Only reason Bennett wouldn’t take the fight is because doesn’t do the staged “makeup” fights. He fights when he’s pissed. He wouldn’t hesitate to fight Manson again if there was a reason to.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did someone just compare Sam Bennett to Rick Rypien? Jesus Christ. Bennett has like 8-9 career fights and the only guy on his card who can fight was Manson.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I'm a Manson fan and would love him on the Leafs, but Bennett impressed the heck out of me. I had no idea he had it in him.

Manson is a tough hombre and a big dude, and Bennett acquitted himself well there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->