Confirmed with Link: Salvador Named Next Devils' Captain

NJDevilsZG

I'll drive team bus
Nov 3, 2010
Zagreb, Croatia
Captain Sal. I love it. Great to see he got recognised and revarded, and I'm sure he'll be great in this role.
Was hoping for Kovy, but I somehow feel that Kovy will get C only after Patty is retired. Just a feeling I have, not that Patty doesn't like having Kovy on a team, just that he thinks he is not good option for C.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
My first guess would of been Zajac. Figured timing was right, new contract and all. I was pulling for Kovy b4 the whole KHL ordeal and glad he didn't get it now.

I am still a bit on the fence with this decision. Sal does seem quiet and all. Even though he claims he can snap if he has to, which we can only assume. I will say this, Sal has dropped the mitts plenty of times in his tenure here to stick up for his team mates before which deserves lots of respect. Another captain like situation I can think of, is during the rangers line brawl, he imedietly went to help the refs with the carter fight when they went down ( even though he got a stupid third man in penalty)To me that shows a lot of a leader.

I still am mum on this decision, but I guess only time will tell. Wait and see!

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I was always thinking it would be Kovy. I wanted to shut up the media by Devils making him Captain.

Sal is a great solid pick. Great guy, Loyal team guy and well spoken. Good for you CaptSal LGD!!!

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
Salvador

Blues fan coming in peace, just wanted to congratulate Bryce on gettin the "C" :handclap: Always loved him as a Blue. The guy is tough as nails & just as good of a person.

apice3*

He made it in the summer, I think for his business, and he hasn't used it since re-signing.

devsfan8

Aug 23, 2005
South Jersey
no disrespect to Salvador who was a Warrior and absolute beast for us all season and playoffs and has solidified a spot as one of our top pairing D Men, but the C should go to Kovy. Its his team and it would stabilize the Captaincy since we know he is here for the long term.

Kovy really has earned it.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
no disrespect to Salvador who was a Warrior and absolute beast for us all season and playoffs and has solidified a spot as one of our top pairing D Men, but the C should go to Kovy. Its his team and it would stabilize the Captaincy since we know he is here for the long term.

He can still earn it 3 years from now.

There really aren't enough letters to go around the room.
Whoever steps up over the next 3 years, like Salvador did this past season, will get the C rightfully.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

this is obvious, but they've made their choice. all we can do now is support our captain like hell.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think the players will support him. Even if Kovy secretly wanted it, he still has his A to keep him happy, and regardless of who's the captain, he's still the face of the franchise with that contract. Patty says he doesn't want it and I believe him. Those are really the only other two guys who might have had a claim to it, and if they're fine with it, I'm fine with it.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
They were all just shocked he scored. :laugh:

I guess he liked the attention so much he did it several more times in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad