Salmonsson's Slow Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Does anyone have an idea why Johannes Salmonsson is off to such a slow start for Spokane? I figured he'd be one of thier leading scorers but he's only got a single assist through the first seven games.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
From what I have read, he has played quite well and been consistent on the ice. Only in the scoring department he has been bad, which however is quite a big deal when you are a SEL experienced top prospect and an import draft pick.

I hope he picks it up soon and joins all other Swedes that are being quite productive in the CHL this season.

Steve Latin*

His "slow start" is because his offense is vastly overrated by the posters on this board, particularly by my fellow Pens fans.

That said, I think he'll be a good NHL third liner some day. He has skating, determination, and willingness to play defense. Unfortunately, despite one stellar WJC, he has never been a consistent offensive threat.

Reminds me of another Penguin, Konstantin Koltsov.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Salmos more of a playmaker in Spokane. Hes always making awesome passes and setting up his mates. Hes still adjusting to the na game too. I wouldnt say so much as to say his offence is overrated, he just needs to work on finishing when he does choose to shoot. The points can be deceiving, hes easily the best player on the ice game in and game out for the Chiefs. Hes on the PP and seems to be one of the few that can get the puck into the zone by skating as opposed to dumping it in.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
chiefmonarch said:
The points can be deceiving, hes easily the best player on the ice game in and game out for the Chiefs.
Good to hear.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
chiefmonarch said:
Salmos more of a playmaker in Spokane. Hes always making awesome passes and setting up his mates. Hes still adjusting to the na game too. I wouldnt say so much as to say his offence is overrated, he just needs to work on finishing when he does choose to shoot. The points can be deceiving, hes easily the best player on the ice game in and game out for the Chiefs. Hes on the PP and seems to be one of the few that can get the puck into the zone by skating as opposed to dumping it in.

Thanks for the report.

Us Penguins fans would love to follow his development in Spokane, so please feel encouraged to post updates about Salmonsson on the Pens board anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad