Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Ladies & Gentlemen,

So the last thread was closed, I’ve DMd a couple mods to re-open it but haven’t heard back & I’m not an entirely patient person.
I’m happy to have this merged into that thread and have it re-opened.

The Sens are being sold. This is happening.

There will be a press conference in 2 weeks and the announcement will be made.
Open the thread & let’s let this play out.

If I’m wrong well, you can have all my vbucks, whatever you use them for...it’s possible I’m being trolled by a friend for laughs but I guess we’ll all find out together.
Whatever happens, I hope we can all remain anonymous friends.

I know this conversation took place, I know the person directly.
When asked point blank by a friend if the team was sold/being sold this was the response from Melnyks lips:

“Sandra (not her real name) i can’t confirm or deny, make of that what you want, that’s all I can say right now”
- The Euge

I’ve also heard from another person separately who has good insight that he had heard new movement towards a sale.

That’s it. Yell at me, scream for joy, remain sceptical, call me a liar. It’s all good.
Just reopen that thread, and we’ll have some well documented laughs one way or the other when this ones over.
We can even try to keep politics out of it.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ladies & Gentlemen,

So the last thread was closed, I’ve DMd a couple mods to re-open it but haven’t heard back & I’m not an entirely patient person.
I’m happy to have this merged into that thread and have it re-opened.

The Sens are being sold. This is happening.

There will be a press conference in 2 weeks and the announcement will be made.
Open the thread & let’s let this play out.

If I’m wrong well, you can have all my vbucks, whatever you use them for...it’s possible I’m being trolled by a friend for laughs but I guess we’ll all find out together.
Whatever happens, I hope we can all remain anonymous friends.

I know this conversation took place, I know the person directly.
When asked point blank by a friend if the team was sold/being sold this was the response from Melnyks lips:

“Sandra (not her real name) i can’t confirm or deny, make of that what you want, that’s all I can say right now”
- The Euge

I’ve also heard from another person separately who has good insight that he had heard new movement towards a sale.

That’s it. Yell at me, scream for joy, remain sceptical, call me a liar. It’s all good.
Just reopen that thread, and we’ll have some well documented laughs one way or the other when this ones over.
We can even try to keep politics out of it.

So which is it? You say there will be a press conference in 2 weeks and they are being sold. Then you say you might be getting trolled. Like I really really want to believe you.. I just don't want to get my hopes up again. It hurts too much lol

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Two people on twitter said something will be announced after the SCF.

I still don’t want to get my hopes up, but I’ll take anything. There’s too much smoke.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
So which is it? You say there will be a press conference in 2 weeks and they are being sold. Then you say you might be getting trolled. Like I really really want to believe you.. I just don't want to get my hopes up again. It hurts too much lol

It would be an elaborate out of character troll but it’s possible, anything is possible but from my end, it was really just a caveat as I’m not the one who spoke to melnyk and I know there are people who will say exactly that.
Im like you - I want it to be true.
Im in though, I believe it - and I’ll eat a lot of crow if proven wrong.

Reactions: Daffy

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I've heard many rumours as well. They're second hand so take it with a grain of salt.

I have heard about a potential cirque de soleil deal. Apparently from what I heard, is that the company behind cirque de soleil bought Melnyk's debt from the bank. And when he needs to pay it back or whatever then he will be forced to sell the team to settle the debt. Also heard Alfie may be paired with them.

Reactions: NB613

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
9xHSO0I.jpg

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
been seeing and hearing this from posters for the whole season. Nothing has happened yet and no legit insider has reported anything

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It does leave me a bit pessimistic though that Melnyk just hired a former colleague as COO. Hoping it’s just a favour.
Maybe he hired him so he could help him put a brave face on him selling the team? Then again I don't think you need a pro to put a positive spin on this.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I bet it’s not fun for Melnyck with Murray gone, Murray smoothed a lot of bad things over and kept a ton heat off of Crazy-Euge.

His friends have all left the building (fans, season ticket holders, Murray, Lyndon Slewedge, Dave Cameron, Alfie, Karlsson, Phaneuf, Kyle Turris and the list goes on)

Melnyck still has Boro, but sometimes even Boro isn’t enough

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Kept this myself because, well...you just never really know who actually knows who but it was told to me that the sale was happening as well. Friend of a friend of mine. I said sure yeah right but then the the Alfie reporter comments were posted days later....I have had cautious optimism ever since.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I wonder whats going to happen with the scouting and draft if the team is sold.

I can't imagine (hope) Dorion and Randy Lee being kept on under new ownership. So i'm guessing Trent Mann just gets the final say?

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The large amount of fake news on the 'net has made me very skeptical of this rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->