Rumor: Sakic says Duchene offers aren't good and he may stay with Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Fair offer for both teams is:

Barzal + 2018 1st + 2018 2nd + Kuli (cap dump) for Duchene.

Pass. Barzal needs to be looked at as near untouchable.

*according to one Islanders fan.

What part of that package helps the Avs blueline?

I've seen trade rumors involving 3 parts moving from the Isles:

1st rounder
Prospect
Player

I would have no interest in that deal for Duchene. Too much in my opinion.

A buddy of mine mentioned 1st rounder, Dal Cole, Brock Nelson. My reaction was, forget it. 1st and Dal Cole is enough.

I stand by that.

Any 3rd component to a deal (unless there's a salary dump involved or something else coming back to the Isles as part of the deal) is an overpayment.

Lastly, in terms of people throwing Kulemin's name around. We've already gotten the best possible form of cap relief. Dumped a guy who wasn't going to play for us and had zero value at all.

Kulemin is actually a serviceable player. And so, unless Snow plans on making a subsequent move using this additional cap relief, I say keep Kulemin -- let him score 12-15 goals for you on the 4th line and wish him well next year as a UFA.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Pass. Barzal needs to be looked at as near untouchable.

I've seen trade rumors involving 3 parts moving from the Isles:

1st rounder
Prospect
Player

I would have no interest in that deal for Duchene. Too much in my opinion.

A buddy of mine mentioned 1st rounder, Dal Cole, Brock Nelson. My reaction was, forget it. 1st and Dal Cole is enough.

I stand by that.

Any 3rd component to a deal (unless there's a salary dump involved or something else coming back to the Isles as part of the deal) is an overpayment.

Lastly, in terms of people throwing Kulemin's name around. We've already gotten the best possible form of cap relief. Dumped a guy who wasn't going to play for us and had zero value at all.

Kulemin is actually a serviceable player. And so, unless Snow plans on making a subsequent move using this additional cap relief, I say keep Kulemin -- let him score 12-15 goals for you on the 4th line and wish him well next year as a UFA.

Fair enough. I am just tired of waiting to ice a legit team that can compete for the cup.

To me, this trade all depends on JT. If he plan on staying, I'm not trading Barzal/Pulock for Duchene. If he tells Snow he wants him, I'm doing whatever it takes.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
There is no incentive for the Avs to move one of their best players to get a middle 1st and an ok prospect. That's deadline rental value.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I actually find it amusing that somehow Duchene is worth the moon after a 41 point season when all Eberle got was Strome. Their PPG is similar and neither player is lighting the world on fire.

If Sakic gets what he is asking for Duchene then somebody is getting ripped off.

From what i have seen the offers have been pretty good and Sakic is out to lunch.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I actually find it amusing that somehow Duchene is worth the moon after a 41 point season when all Eberle got was Strome. Their PPG is similar and neither player is lighting the world on fire.

If Sakic gets what he is asking for Duchene then somebody is getting ripped off.

From what i have seen the offers have been pretty good and Sakic is out to lunch.

Eberle is a winger who is glued to the outside perimeter. Duchene led the NHL in faceoff percentage and is a dynamic centre.

If you don't understand how the two positions are evaluated differently, you're in the wrong part of the inter web.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
The part were the addition of Barzal takes away the temptation to use our 2018 1st on anything but a LHD; as well as the part where it gives us extra ammunition to trade up for the LHD we want next spring, if necessary. We need a future #1 LHD to push Zads down, but the right side of our future D looks straight up sexy with Makar / Meloche / Timmins percolating behind EJ, Barrie & Mironov. So adding a dynamic forward (who might be that MacKinnon partner we've been looking for) + picks is still very helpful to us if it's enough pure value.

We're still missing that potential #1 LHD, but this draft did change some things for us.

You don't need Barzal to draft a defenseman in 2018. Adding a forward of Barzal's calibre is nice but it doesn't help the defense. The defense is huge problem and if you trade Duchene for forwards you're wasting your best shot at trying to pry a defenseman away from another team. The defensive prospect pool looks good but there is gap between who is on the roster now and when the next batch of prospects will be able to contribute. The Avs could really use another defenseman to fill that gap.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You don't need Barzal to draft a defenseman in 2018. Adding a forward of Barzal's calibre is nice but it doesn't help the defense. The defense is huge problem and if you trade Duchene for forwards you're wasting your best shot at trying to pry a defenseman away from another team. The defensive prospect pool looks good but there is gap between who is on the roster now and when the next batch of prospects will be able to contribute. The Avs could really use another defenseman to fill that gap.

We sort of do with this organization. We need that potential #1 LHD, but we also need another Barzal or PLD level forward (or two if we want a stacked top 6). MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog & Jost is a strong start, but even if Jost is that tough minute 2C to partner with Landeskog, we still need 2 more high end forwards to either complete those duos, or to let Rantanen move down and form an elite two-way line with Landy & Jost. So I'm terrified of this organization ending up with a pick where the BPA is a forward who could fill one of those holes for us, and so failing to land that #1 LHD we need to draft next spring. Which is why filling one of our forward needs while giving us some spare picks to use as ammo to move up for the LHD who's second on our list, is so tempting to me.

And we'll sign Kulikov to bridge that gap. Yeah he's not very good, and yeah we'll probably give him too much money or too much term; but he and Barrie would make an alright second pairing behind Zads n EJ, with Barberio/Lindholm/Bigras next to Mironov hopefully giving us the first useful third pairing we've had since Holden-Stuart stepped up to be our shutdown unit after EJ went down. That D isn't better than too many teams that I can think of, but it can be passable until more of the kids break through.

Using Duchene to bridge that gap would be idiotic unless we were getting someone who could grow into that top pairing LHD who lets Zads form an awesome second pairing with Meloche or Timmins...assuming we don't draft someone who's so good that he could form an awesome first pairing with one of those two, which let Makar play next to Zads on our "second top pairing".

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
According to the guy from the Denver Post that's not Dater, the Predators offered Fabbro AND Girard, plus picks, at the draft.

That's a pretty insane haul, basically two of our top 3 prospects.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
According to the guy from the Denver Post that's not Dater, the Predators offered Fabbro AND Girard, plus picks, at the draft.

That's a pretty insane haul, basically two of our top 3 prospects.

If that's true, Sakic is more incompetent than I was first thinking. I knew he was going to botch this trade.

It's going to be like Eberle and Yakupov. Outrageous price tags and asks that no reasonable GM is going to bite on. Meanwhile the players continue to plummet their value and they are forced in a lackluster return.

Sakic is going to botch this and the return is going to be embarrassing. What a dumpster fire.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If that's true, Sakic is more incompetent than I was first thinking. I knew he was going to botch this trade.

It's going to be like Eberle and Yakupov. Outrageous price tags and asks that no reasonable GM is going to bite on. Meanwhile the players continue to plummet their value and they are forced in a lackluster return.

Sakic is going to botch this and the return is going to be embarrassing. What a dumpster fire.

That guy is either Chambers or Frei, either way not a good source.

I also love how he botched the trade even though the trade hasn't been made, lots of fortune tellers here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
That guy is either Chambers or Frei, either way not a good source.

I also love how he botched the trade even though the trade hasn't been made, lots of fortune tellers here.

You don't have to be a fortune teller to make safe bets. We've seen this in the past with Snow and Lowe and Co.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You don't have to be a fortune teller to make safe bets. We've seen this in the past with Snow and Lowe and Co.

When was Snow in this kind​ of situation? With Hamonic where he hang on to the player and got decent return in the end? When was Lowe in this kind of situation? Never. Quit making baseless parallels while you're ahead.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
When was Snow in this kind​ of situation? With Hamonic where he hang on to the player and got decent return in the end? When was Lowe in this kind of situation? Never. Quit making baseless parallels while you're ahead.

Snow - Vanek

Lowe - Eberle and Yakupov

Sell high, Sell High, SELL HIGH!!!! Oh wait...no takers because I horrendously overvalued my players...get whatever I can for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad