Saint John Sea Dogs: 2016-2017 Thread

ElementZ

Sep 12, 2012
New Brunswick
STJ gives up Bishop, Olivier Mathieu, 1st in 2017 and 3rd in 2019 for Booth and Pietroniro.

What is left to pay for Gauthier?

Still have a first for 2018 & 2019. Cedric Pare would be a big piece if he is involved. That is who Quebec originally wanted but they settled on Mathieu. D'orio could go the other way Could have Noel and/or Dove-McFalls used as futures if they are back as overagers. If there is any truth to Luke Green wanting to be moved, that could be something as well.

SJ definitely has the assets. Line up would look like something like....

Joseph - Highmore - Veleno
Gauthier- Noel - Smallman
Imama - Dove - Warren
Green - Quinney - Pare
Reginato Leblanc - Ward

Chabot - Webster
Zboril - Green
Stewart - Bernier
Felixson / Martineau /Michel

Booth
D'Orio

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
Still have a first for 2018 & 2019. Cedric Pare would be a big piece if he is involved. That is who Quebec originally wanted but they settled on Mathieu. D'orio could go the other way Could have Noel and/or Dove-McFalls used as futures if they are back as overagers. If there is any truth to Luke Green wanting to be moved, that could be something as well.

SJ definitely has the assets. Line up would look like something like....

Joseph - Highmore - Veleno
Gauthier- Noel - Smallman
Imama - Dove - Warren
Green - Quinney - Pare
Reginato Leblanc - Ward

Chabot - Webster
Zboril - Green
Stewart - Bernier
Felixson / Martineau /Michel

Booth
D'Orio

I like your lineup but I wouldn't have Warren on with Dove and Imama. for me it would be Pare or Reginato and Gauthier I would put with Highmore and Joseph and have Veleno with Smallman and Noel. Warren I don't think Warren would make my line up as it stands now.

Also, I like Felixson on the PK, worth keeping him in the lineup as a 6th Dman just for that.

I wouldn't want to more D'orio or Pare, they will be a big part of our future. I would be willing to part with Green's, Noel and maybe Dove if it makes us better now.

ElementZ

Sep 12, 2012
New Brunswick
I like your lineup but I wouldn't have Warren on with Dove and Imama. for me it would be Pare or Reginato and Gauthier I would put with Highmore and Joseph and have Veleno with Smallman and Noel. Warren I don't think Warren would make my line up as it stands now.

Also, I like Felixson on the PK, worth keeping him in the lineup as a 6th Dman just for that.

I wouldn't want to more D'orio or Pare, they will be a big part of our future. I would be willing to part with Green's, Noel and maybe Dove if it makes us better now.

I don't disagree with you....I was really just plugging names in. Nobody really knows what we have in Warren since he has only played 3 games but mgmt implied he would fit in our top 6 back when training camp was ongoing.

I like Pare on that 3rd line....the best part about this forward roster is that could put a guy of Gauthier's caliber on the 3rd line considering it's more of a 1a, 1b, 1c, type of forward group. While the 4th line might not contribute on the score sheet, they don't necessarily need to as they can play a regular shift at any point during a game and not look out of place.

If Luke Green (and Matt?) get moved....that opens up spots but also will return a quality number of assets so hard to say what would happen after that.

Here is hoping we will see a healthy and full line up in the 2nd half + playoffs for the first time this year.

TurksDogs17

Aug 8, 2013
I don't disagree with you....I was really just plugging names in. Nobody really knows what we have in Warren since he has only played 3 games but mgmt implied he would fit in our top 6 back when training camp was ongoing.

I like Pare on that 3rd line....the best part about this forward roster is that could put a guy of Gauthier's caliber on the 3rd line considering it's more of a 1a, 1b, 1c, type of forward group. While the 4th line might not contribute on the score sheet, they don't necessarily need to as they can play a regular shift at any point during a game and not look out of place.

If Luke Green (and Matt?) get moved....that opens up spots but also will return a quality number of assets so hard to say what would happen after that.

Here is hoping we will see a healthy and full line up in the 2nd half + playoffs for the first time this year.

Agreed on the healthy comments. Seems like since Danny's been here we are always injured.

Also like your 1a, 1b, 1c assessment!!! Provided we get one more top 6 forward. We need it!!

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
all the assests to win it all
better, going to take years to rebuild after this run

time is now

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
i understand
dont get me wrong, he is a strong goalie ( i just feel its hit or miss often in games)

anywsys sj will contend even more now with is year,

you wont see another one like this fora long time

good luck,

this ^
if he gets on a roll ...good one he is great
but a bad one , well.....

Doubleshift

Sep 12, 2014
Hoping for a 16th place finish for the Sherbrooke Phoenix. Would love to see Anderson MacDonald play in his home town for at least 2 games this playoff. Just might happen. And then there would be the Green vs. Green storyline too.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
So, with Val d'Or beating Shawinigan out, they seem the likely candidates for the Sea Dogs to play in the Second round, unless Halifax wins their next two in Rouyn-Noranda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad