Sags vs Oceanic: Game Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
It's not gonna be a very long game report but..

First of all: wow, that was a great show.

The crowd got what they came for: the Sagueneens won, a lot of goals were scored, and Crosby was invisible. Yes, Crosby being invisible is a good thing for the fans in Chicoutimi, because they seem to hate him with a passion since he's so hyped (and there's already a rivalry between the Sags and the Oceanic). Neilson played as dirty as he does, almost forcing Lascek out of the game (he needed help to leave the ice and came back 15 mins later). Too bad Crosby plays with thugs. As I said earlier, he was invisible, passing to his wingers as soon as he had the puck and he looked like he really didn't want to be there (he didn't skate, he let his wingers work alone, which resulted in.. nothing).

But it would be unfair to Sidney if I wouldn't say that half of the game was played on special units, the Oceanic being pissed off badly after the Sags scored three fast goals. They lacked discipline, and they started a lot of fights. Crosby still got 1 goal, 1 assist but it was almost fluke. Bah, I'll let him be happy with his game since he had points.

Other players report:

Marek Zagrapan: He was unreal tonight, he should've had at least 2 more points. He set up his teammates with smart on-the-tape passes, and one of his two goals was a rocket in the top corner, amazing wrist shot. He won a race against the goalie by like 3 meters once, and passed the puck to Maxime Boisclair on the other side who had the net completely empty, but tried to pass it back to Zagrapan for some reason (who had a d-man on his back).. And they didn't score. Oh well, Zagrapan really impressed me tonight, and outplayed Mister Crosby by a mile, even though the whole team played great.

Maxime Boisclair: He showed tonight that he was a real work horse and a good leader. Neilson was running after him all night and he didn't answer his calls, and that was really smart from him. He's a really smart player, works harder than anyone else on the ice and has a good set of shots. I'd REALLY like the Habs to pick him up for sure. 2 goals and 4 assists tonight. Seeing him and Zagrapan together was just "WOW"'s all night.

Last edited:

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
That's your unbiased opinion right!! you didn't mention the butt end crosby took to the face from one of your players, perhaps if crosby had 13 pp tonight he would have had more points.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
target said:
That's your unbiased opinion right!! you didn't mention the butt end crosby took to the face from one of your players, perhaps if crosby had 13 pp tonight he would have had more points.

No, and I didn't mention Crosby trying to take out someone's knee and, after that failed, litterally trying to throw him on the ice without any penalty being called. He lost his cool so many times last night it wasn't even funny. But I understand him, his playing wasn't even playing.

My view's not neutral but not biased against Sidney, as I like him as a player.

By the way, who's fault is it that he didn't get 13 pp last night? Not mine.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Yeah and you couldnt take on Neilson so you beat out 5'6 Francis Charette.. yeah that's cool...

And forget that... the referee was Eric Charron (Charogne) who, since a couple of years is very bad in Sags vs Nics games...

He gives like 7 penalty in a row to the nics and the sags was doing everything to Sid and get nothing

yeha gret job ref

anyway the sags have a hell of a team and it will be close between the Nics, the Sags and the Remparts... but what i was wishing last year and what i wish this year is a final between the Nics and the Sags... wuthout Charron as a referee :teach:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
The ref's are very inconsistent in this league.The butt end Crosby took on the faceoff -was that reported somewhere because it seems like others have heard about it that would have not been at the game.What did the guy get for a
penalty?

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
pei fan said:
The ref's are very inconsistent in this league.The butt end Crosby took on the faceoff -was that reported somewhere because it seems like others have heard about it that would have not been at the game.What did the guy get for a
penalty?

They showed the highlights of the game on TSN and it showed the guy giving him a butt-end right off of a face-off. Cheap play. Then the culprit got a beating, which he deserved, from one of Crosby's linemates.

Rahan, hmmmmm, lil bit of a homer there are you?? :dunno:

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
hossy316 said:
They showed the highlights of the game on TSN and it showed the guy giving him a butt-end right off of a face-off. Cheap play. Then the culprit got a beating, which he deserved, from one of Crosby's linemates.

Rahan, hmmmmm, lil bit of a homer there are you?? :dunno:

I like the Sags, yes. But I stand by my opinions.
What TSN did is ludicrous. They only showed two or three clips from the game where the Sags were the ones hitting, but ask an Oceanic fan that was at the game what kind of game the Oceanic played, and you'll hear the same answer: THEY were the ones lacking discipline, and they were the ones taking shots at our players at first. That "butt-end" to Crosby was nothing, it's like when there's a melee in front of the net. I mean, the play before there was some heat and it just happened to explode at the faceoff. Oh, and the Sags guy didn't take a beating, in fact the fight was pretty even.

And about "taking Charette", he ran our player into the boards but missed his bodycheck, and that made him even more angry, so he slashed our guy on the shoulder with his stick (I think Martel will send the tape of this to the league). The Sags player only defended himself after that.

Please don't judge on the 10 seconds TSN gives you. I'm not saying the Sags are the good guys and the Nics the bad guys, both teams played dirty at times, but the Sags knew when to stop.

Oh, and if you're not happy with actual game reports, just read the scoresheets and make yourself the perfect scenarios you want, I couldn't care less.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
rahan said:
I like the Sags, yes. But I stand by my opinions.
What TSN did is ludicrous. They only showed two or three clips from the game where the Sags were the ones hitting, but ask an Oceanic fan that was at the game what kind of game the Oceanic played, and you'll hear the same answer: THEY were the ones lacking discipline, and they were the ones taking shots at our players at first. That "butt-end" to Crosby was nothing, it's like when there's a melee in front of the net. I mean, the play before there was some heat and it just happened to explode at the faceoff. Oh, and the Sags guy didn't take a beating, in fact the fight was pretty even.

And about "taking Charette", he ran our player into the boards but missed his bodycheck, and that made him even more angry, so he slashed our guy on the shoulder with his stick (I think Martel will send the tape of this to the league). The Sags player only defended himself after that.

Please don't judge on the 10 seconds TSN gives you. I'm not saying the Sags are the good guys and the Nics the bad guys, both teams played dirty at times, but the Sags knew when to stop.

Oh, and if you're not happy with actual game reports, just read the scoresheets and make yourself the perfect scenarios you want, I couldn't care less.

:lol
Dirtier the better if you ask me. :yo:
Makes for better hockey, guys on the edge at all times. We need more of that IMO.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
montreal said:
I take it Danny Stewart didn't have a great game.

No, Stewart didn't have a great game at all.
He has some skills for sure, like he skates _really_ well, and his wrist shot is pretty good, but he never puts it together, and doesn't use his teammates enough. He doesn't seem to have the desire it takes IMO, I don't know what to think of him. He could be better than what he showed me the many times I've seen him with the skills he has, but somehow he's not..
Sometimes he just floats, sometimes he throws the body but it looks like he doesn't know what to do after giving his bodycheck.. Oh well. Intriguing player, I guess!

hossy316 said:
Dirtier the better if you ask me. :yo:
Makes for better hockey, guys on the edge at all times. We need more of that IMO.

Yeah, I like physical games like these, and the rest of the crowd did too. What I don't like is when there's too much "free" dirty (and illegal) moves pulled off that could injure the player. But still, the atmosphere was awesome because of all those fights :P

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
rahan said:
No, Stewart didn't have a great game at all.
He has some skills for sure, like he skates _really_ well, and his wrist shot is pretty good, but he never puts it together, and doesn't use his teammates enough. He doesn't seem to have the desire it takes IMO, I don't know what to think of him. He could be better than what he showed me the many times I've seen him with the skills he has, but somehow he's not..
Sometimes he just floats, sometimes he throws the body but it looks like he doesn't know what to do after giving his bodycheck.. Oh well. Intriguing player, I guess!

Thanks, I think he's going to have to improve a lot to get a contract this summer. He's got some good speed and he shoots the puck often, but he really seemed to struggled at the development camp. I still think he'll put up a lot of points this year.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
target said:
It was shown on TSN...No penalty for the buttend!! a Rimouski player fought the guy, they each got fight majors.
When the heck did they start allowing a buttend on a faceoff without a penalty?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Don't say that Rahan is a homer; his description of the game was perfect. Rimouski were undisciplined and most of their players didn't show up.

Marek Zagrapan was unbelievable, he showed awesome puck skills. He has great vision and made a few incredible passes for scoring chances. He scored a great goal with a wrist shot on the top corner, and he showed alot of determination. His defensive game wasn't bad either, for such an offensive player he impressed me with this aspect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Duff88 said:
Don't say that Rahan is a homer; his description of the game was perfect. Rimouski were undisciplined and most of their players didn't show up.

Marek Zagrapan was unbelievable, he showed awesome puck skills. He has great vision and made a few incredible passes for scoring chances. He scored a great goal with a wrist shot on the top corner, and he showed alot of determination. His defensive game wasn't bad either, for such an offensive player he impressed me with this aspect.

How big is Zagrapan, I've seen him listed by ISS at 6'0 163. They are very high on him or were at the end of last season (haven't spoken with anyone over there yet this year)

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Duff88 said:

Said one homer to another.LOL.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
montreal said:
How big is Zagrapan, I've seen him listed by ISS at 6'0 163. They are very high on him or were at the end of last season (haven't spoken with anyone over there yet this year)

On the lineup sheet they handed us before the game, Zagrapan is listed as 6'1 185 pounds. I'd think it's not exagerated, he looks like he's around 6' and doesn't look thin at all (unlike Elayoubi for example)

By the way pei fan, at first I found your comments offensive but now you're just another troll to me. keep it up.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
that the same thing you'll say if Sags was plying in Rimouski ... hey hommmer the ref was no good... that's cool Sags we're better than the nics.. but it was only the first chapter of 8

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
rahan said:
On the lineup sheet they handed us before the game, Zagrapan is listed as 6'1 185 pounds. I'd think it's not exagerated, he looks like he's around 6' and doesn't look thin at all (unlike Elayoubi for example)

By the way pei fan, at first I found your comments offensive but now you're just another troll to me. keep it up.
What comments did you find offensive?What is your definition of a troll?Would
this qualify :Someone coming on the Crosby STICKY thread and trashing Crosby's game while pumping there own "home team" players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad