Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Love the team, he is not better than CL. He had a young team in Kitch. He will show his true colours. Just dont like the move.

OHLInTheKnow

Aug 4, 2017
It wasn't a slight against you but you literally had two posts on here and didn't know if you were a reliable source or not. In the future I will definitely take what you say to heart.

As for the hire itself: not super excited for it based on how Kitchener fans felt about him but we'll see if it work out this time.

No worries, I didn't take it as a slight against myself, I understand that this was my first time posting on here and you had every right to be skeptical. I have been browsing this site for the past 3 years and I am personally tired of certain people posting on this website and tweeting false trade rumours and information about this league and I wanted to share my knowledge and information with the hardcore fans of the OHL.

Your team in Saginaw has a bright future, should be a very exciting young team to watch moving forward!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I worked for the Danbury Trashers and Troy was my favorite guy on the whole team. Will be rooting big time for you guys with him as your coach!

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Both Kris Bennett and Hayden Hodgson have committed to the University of New Brunswick for the upcoming season. Can anyone tell me a bit about them/give a scouting report? Thanks.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Both Kris Bennett and Hayden Hodgson have committed to the University of New Brunswick for the upcoming season. Can anyone tell me a bit about them/give a scouting report? Thanks.

Bennett is a Swiss Army knife type. Not exceptional at any one thing but good at all aspects. Can play a scoring roll, be a bottom sixer, a PK guy, or whatever's needed. One of the hardest workers on the ice.

Hodgson is a big bodied forward that owns a heavy shot and can get to the front of the net. Typical power forward type.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Martin Necas any chance he shows up for 1 year and trade him in Dec. for 5-2nds or so? Unless we are really playing well the kids a game changer, with trade or 2 could give the young core of talented players some post season experience.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Martin Necas any chance he shows up for 1 year and trade him in Dec. for 5-2nds or so? Unless we are really playing well the kids a game changer, with trade or 2 could give the young core of talented players some post season experience.

You can't trade imports until a year after they've been drafted so if he came to the OHL it would likely be one year in Saginaw then off to the AHL or NHL.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With our forwards only having 1 OA and no 98's up front its time to trade for a proven sniper. Necas shows is a bonus but a Jason Robertson or Ivan Lodnia would be worth trading RD Crawford, Cormier, and the picks we have and the one's we acquire with a smart trade to make the team stronger now. Both are 99's and the price tag will be high. It is a very good young club especially if you add Wilde, Goldowski, and Turcotte to the mix, that only makes those players more likely to play.

Gilmour-Necas-Robertson(trade) Katic 2-2nds,2-3rds or Hill, Boilers etc. Get it done and Wilde and Turcotte are soon to follow?

Giroux-Jenkins-Coskey
Porco-Grondin-Busdeker
Fuoco-Preuter- trade Kreis and get a pick for him and develop the 00, 01's

Mids-Everett
Davis-Bapport
Penman-Phillips

Bonello-Lamour Get some picks for Cormier, Crawford right hand shot and get that point plus a game guy in Saginaw.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Don't know if Robertson is actually on the market and Lodnia seems like a deadline deal player.

Right now we have 12 F, 8 D, 3 G. I'd see how Lamour and Bonello do in the preseason, decide which one you want to keep and use the other plus a pick to get a forward. I'd see if we could get Cedric Ralph or Nick Deakin-Poot from Guelph on the cheap.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'll also add that by the 10-15 game mark, if it looks like we need some vet leadership, package either Fuoco or Bollers plus a pick for an OA forward.

Simple, small moves to help compliment what we're trying to do.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
If Necas doesn't play here and no strength is added to the team to put the puck in the net, yes a good young team but same old attitude"next year". What about acquiring a skilled 99 or 98 with OA possibilities next year? Part of rebuilding is to get better with guys who will be around for 2 years and if our start is good trade some your prospects that are not in the future plans and GET BETTER NOW

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
If Necas doesn't play here and no strength is added to the team to put the puck in the net, yes a good young team but same old attitude"next year". What about acquiring a skilled 99 or 98 with OA possibilities next year? Part of rebuilding is to get better with guys who will be around for 2 years and if our start is good trade some your prospects that are not in the future plans and GET BETTER NOW

I totally understand that mentality. But I love what we're doing right now. We're drafting well and trying to build a team through it and through FA's. We're giving the signal to guys that if we pick you or invite you to camp, we believe you're gonna be part of a group that makes winning here a normal thing. These guys are investments now and not just more currency to be used later when things aren't going well. That's the same mentality that made Plymouth such a stable and consistently successful franchise while it was around and why they could attract top American talent. We're starting to see that kind of talent show up now.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Spirit got to tour the new home of the Red Wings. While they were down there they took in a Tigers game and Coach Smith and Brady Gilmour got some face time on FSN Detroit during the game. Great exposure for the team and OHL.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Spirit got to tour the new home of the Red Wings. While they were down there they took in a Tigers game and Coach Smith and Brady Gilmour got some face time on FSN Detroit during the game. Great exposure for the team and OHL.

Interview here:

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Sounds like Wilde has backed off of Harvard...now considering Michigan as well as Saginaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->