Sad day in Elmira and Anchorage

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This appears to be a dying idea now. Interesting is the article they rolled out the day before said that he may have two options. One of just buying a team and one of having to buy both. When that came out I was screaming this is all politics and has been then news broke of the meeting not going well. So I'm not sure what changed or what's been really going down now. Felt like they used the last guy. But now I'm no so positive that was the case. Someone said they thought they saw that Nichols had purchased a franchise in march which would make some sense for why things went as they did and they had a late march deadline and they announce this guy but he never appears.

http://www.mytwintiers.com/sports/l...hols-update-on-fhl-coming-to-elmira/758740586

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So what you are saying is that Robbie is out like $500?

I don't know what an FHL franchise fee costs but something about this process is now all fishy. He wanted to lease the arena(not buy it apparently)and with the other guy he'd pay $3.5 mil but they wouldn't have got a dime if it was all going towards repairs and renovation and stuff. I think they realized they made a mistake. They probably found out after an appraisal that the place was worth more than the first deal. A lease wouldn't be good either because if some emergency arose the IDA would be paying for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad