Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign CJ Smith (UMass-Lowell LW)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

:handclap:

http://goriverhawks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4309

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hoc...-joe-gambardella-norm-bazin-quarterfinals-unh

Smith has led the River Hawks in goal scoring in each of his first three seasons in Lowell. He went from 16 goals as a freshman to 17 as a sophomore. This year, he's found the back of the net 18 times. While he has a quick stick and can be shifty with the puck, it's what he's doing when he doesn't have the puck that has impressed his coach.

"C.J. has increased his production this year because he’s being more effective away from the puck. There’s no question in my mind that he will continue to be more effective with the puck if he continues to pay attention to his play away from the puck," Bazin commented.

"It’s been good all year and improved from the past. He’s just starting to realize his potential as a hockey player based on his play away from the puck," added the sixth year bench boss of his alma mater.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

Obviously the original source here did know something, but considering it's an account with eight followers, Friedman's confirmation is useful

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
If he somehow can have a better career than Jimmy Vesey, that will be my favorite thing ever.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Hey if Petersen doesn't sign with us and Smith becomes a star with us - you can say at least Petersen helped us in getting Smith.
Would be nice if he steps right in and plays like the former UMass-Lowell star who signed with us - Chad Ruhwedel.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Unfortunately he was three minutes late to the contract signing and per team rules will now be thrown into a volcano.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If he somehow can have a better career than Jimmy Vesey, that will be my favorite thing ever.

Not going to lie it gives me great satisfaction to see Vesey playing the way he has. On a team as deep as the Rangers he's been a disappointment for all the hype he generated. I highly doubt he would be putting up much better numbers here either even with far more ice time.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Not going to lie it gives me great satisfaction to see Vesey playing the way he has. On a team as deep as the Rangers he's been a disappointment for all the hype he generated. I highly doubt he would be putting up much better numbers here either even with far more ice time.

Seriously and nashville must be laughing with Avridsson just stepping into Vesey's top 6 role and putting up 30 goals.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
My problem isn't really with Vesey himself, but more with the circus that surrounded his choosing a team (which is largely Vesey's fault, I guess). Many of us spent a lot of time on Vesey, and even Drake Caggiula, and I like that this signing of a player (who had a nice college career) seemed to come out of nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->