Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign Asplund to 3 year ELC

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
That’s bias hyperbole to the extreme. So stupid to carry into a thread about signing a completely different player.

Relax Gab, I don't actually think the addition of a prospect is what makes ROR a trade asset.

But it is nice to bring in that skill set if we are going to move O'Reilly.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Knock it off.

I was serious Chain!!!! Stokes got to me. I pictured O’Reilly in Birkenstocks and a poncho, with a tiny cloud just following him around, spraying tears on everyone.

Stokes, my laugh was sincere, best post by you in months.

Edit: the last part there sounds like a back handed compliment. It was not meant as such.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Also, yet another youngster who is known for his level of work and commitment. Dahlin's praised for that at length. It's been mentioned with Pilut and Mittelstadt's known as a complete rink rat, always working on things. Hoping that transitions into their stint with the Sabres and pushes some of those who've gotten comfortable in Buffalo more than a little bit.

Have to love getting another busy player out there. A fourth line of asplund, malone and girgs/Larson could do some serious pestering,

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Give me more players that think the game and react in real time than players that have speed that have terrible hockey sense. COUGHNYLANDERCOUGH.

That's like saying "If only McDavid was fast he would be good"

The Nylanders all have tremendous hockey sense and skill. As was alluded to, Alex's issue is compete and consistent engagement.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
draft-all-the-rasmus.jpg

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It’d be great if he filled the defensive 3C role on the roster like I think this team has. Larsson’s not fast enough to be better than a 4th liner.

If Botterill signs a veteran 3C I hope he doesn’t have to pay the center premium, so they can slide over to winger once Asplund is ready, or it’s a short enough contract that Asplund can take over that role in a year or two.

If he can’t do it immediately that is.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
premature to say where Asplund will slot in on the Sabres roster, if at all.
Remember folks, all of this youth showing up doesn't mean they make the cut, or if they do, in the position assumed.

Let's wait and see what shakes out in camp.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
gooooooood, I like his.debelopment path, excited to have him on the big club in the coming years

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
When I was a kid my family had a cat named Rasmus, no joke. It's only since the late 90s that Rasmuses have started popping up everywhere. I still think of cats when I hear the name.

When I was a kid we named our first parakeet "Lindy" because my sister LOVED Lindy Ruff. Then I was playing at Sabreland when the Sabres practiced there and Lindy was still playing and after waiting around until their practice was over I got a chance to tell him about our bird named after him. He seemed amused from my recollection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->