Sabres sell-out the playoffs

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
If we play the habs or leafs..playoff tickets are going to be on ebay everywhere for canadian fans..marked at insane prices too.

RiotAct

Panickin' 4 Hanifin
Feb 28, 2007
Old Dominion State
This really has nothing to do with a good or bad "hockey market" rather a good team in a city desperate for a winner.

Think you nailed it right there.

I remember reading a thread a few weeks ago about which city would go the craziest if they won the Cup... Leafs fans asserted that the CN Tower would be knocked down by the next day if TOR won it.

Well, let me tell ya, if the Sabres happen to win it all, not only will the CN Tower get toppled over by a mob of Buffalo fans that drive/march over there, the friggin' SPACE NEEDLE in Seattle will probably experience some.... um, structural instability as well within 24 hours or so. The city of Buffalo will absolutely EXPLODE.

Of course, I've seen those videos of the riots in Vancouver in '94... :amazed:. That city could probably rival / surpass Buffalo.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
According to today's Buffalo News, this year the Sabres will not have any playoff tickets available for sale to the general public.

Correct me if I'm wrong but NHL rules says that they have to have a minimum amount of tickets available to the general public. Has this rule changed?

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Correct me if I'm wrong but NHL rules says that they have to have a minimum amount of tickets available to the general public. Has this rule changed?

They have to keep a certain number of tickets available for the league, the visiting team, as well as for family and friends of Sabres players. Those are the only tickets that have to be set aside.

Jade

Mar 31, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I beleive it was the cost for STH, not box office. Maybe it was $27 or something people told me they got tickets for and no doubt, they were upstairs. Maybe I am wrong, but it sounded like a good deal for STH to remain fans.
That would be correct. My playoff seats were an average of $25 dollars last playoffs for being a STH in Section 320.

I'm already saving money for the 2008-2009 when I know it'll jack up. :(

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
lol, there was a line of 30 people waiting outside Wilson farms before they opened to get a "sabres medallion". They are already all over ebay, the Briere one is going for $40 and they are only $2.99 retail..but all the medallions are sold out hahha..crazy

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Wait, a team really sold out their home playoff games? Oh my God, this clearly is so extraordinary! The Sabres are a pioneer of playoff marketing!

Wait, how about you actually read what the thread's about before being "funny".

Before going on sale to the general public?

Sigh. Obviously, you didn't read my previous post.

The point isn't that they are selling-out playoff games. The Sabres have always sold-out all their playoff games anyway, as most teams do.

The point is that they have sold out all their playoff tickets before they even go on sale and no playoff tickets will be sold to the general public, which is a new thing for Buffalo at least (although I know it is common in larger markets such as Toronto).

That's not the point. They sold out before they even got to the general public, and most of the STHs who thought they could cash in by grabbing extra seats weren't even able to do that.

And the eBay prices are insane. Pairs of tickets on eBay with almost 9 days left are already over $150 (I saw one 100 level pair that was $405), and with the only pair I was even able to get a high bid on (round 2, lol) I was outbid in 10 minutes.

:p: :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->