Confirmed with Link: Sabres re-sign Vinnie Hinostroza (1yr, $1.7M)

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Vinny is an NHL player.

I am surprised he hasn't asked for a trade.

I'm kinda surprised he re-signed in the first place. Ya $1.7m is a nice payday, but its only 1 yr and he had to have known that the priority was young guys getting playing time.

So he was either banking on 1) lots of injuries like last year, or 2) maybe KA/DG misled him a little in terms of what to expect because I am sure he could have gotten 2+ yrs @ $1.5m somewhere at least after last year.

Hope they find a place for him to go and play.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm kinda surprised he re-signed in the first place. Ya $1.7m is a nice payday, but its only 1 yr and he had to have known that the priority was young guys getting playing time.

So he was either banking on 1) lots of injuries like last year, or 2) maybe KA/DG misled him a little in terms of what to expect because I am sure he could have gotten 2+ yrs @ $1.5m somewhere at least after last year.

Hope they find a place for him to go and play.

Vinnie has said he wanted some stability due to he and his wife now having two very young children.

Reactions: Zman5778

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
1677970719065.png

Vinnie got into the fisticuffs today. MH has deleted his tweet.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Good signing. Maybe they needed his cap hit, but I thought the money spent here was going to end up being a waste with the limited injuries early. Sabres ended up needing this depth signing.

Instead of having to trade for another forward, we already had him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad