Rumor: Sabres Open 2015-16 Season at Home on 10/8

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If the NHL were smart, they'd have us host Edmonton. Mcdavid vs eichel right off the bat

They are saving this kind of thing for national TV broadcast.

Edmonton vs buffalo would be a Saturday night ..only match on early slot on CBC or a Wednesday night game that is a dual national broadcast

I see it more likely Edmonton having an early season eastern road trip with a visit bufalo on Wednesday (October 14???) then Edmonton go to do Montreal or Toronto on Saturday.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If the NHL were smart, they'd have us host Edmonton. Mcdavid vs eichel right off the bat

I can't see the NHL shooting that bullet on Opening Night for a couple reasons. First, if the logic is that McDavid and Eichel will bring viewers, why send all those viewers to one game? If the league really wants to market those two with national broadcasts on Opening Night, they'd be better served to put the Sabres in the first half of a doubleheader and Edmonton in the nightcap. (And let's be serious, you know that NBC would make their pet teams--Chicago, New York, Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, LA, and Washington--be the respective opponents for Buffalo and Edmonton.) Second, I think they'll save those Sabres/Oilers games for random mid-week games in the middle of the season.

What I want? Toronto. Eichel and Kane debut against Benedict Babcock. And, frankly, I want to see which Sabres fans will sell out their opportunity to see the first game of the Eichel Era to pay for a chunk of their season tickets. Oh, and we'll start 1-0 because we own Toronto in Buffalo.

What I think? One of the NBC pet teams, most likely Pittsburgh. You'd have Bylsma vs his former team, and Crosby vs one of the Chosen Two in Eichel. Runner up: Boston.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@ Zip

Hard to argue we're not one of NBC's pet teams, particularly with our ratings. We were on an awful lot of national games last year for a bottom dwelling team. So I could see us as the draw with the Oilers and McDavid as the opponent.

Last edited:

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
@ Zip

Hard to argue we're not one of NBC's pet teams, particularly with our ratings. We were on an awful lot of national games last year for a bottom dwelling team. So I could see us as the real with the Oilers and McDavid as the oppoent.

I would be shocked if both games against EDM are not on NBCSN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad