GDT: Sabres @ Oilers 9PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 Last Gasps

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Next game is at the Flames. Need a good name for the GDT...Season down in Flames? Flameout? Fired? As in hopefully Granato is fired?

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Owen Power is a good player, but man, he has some games where he just doesn't seem to want to compete....

1711200652901.png

He needs to do his exercises, say his prayers, and take his vitamins!

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
People need to get over themselves. Defensemen develop slower. Let alone with this franchise.
True, but there is scant evidence suggesting OP will be anything but a cream puff defensively his entire career.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
True, but there is scant evidence suggesting OP will be anything but a cream puff defensively his entire career.
We can keep Clifton or somebody like that to fill that role. EK65 and plenty of other great defenseman don't have bite. Players should develop to their strengths you don't have to force something that isn't there.

Reactions: Fearnot

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
People need to get over themselves. Defensemen develop slower. Let alone with this franchise.
(Disclaimer: I fully understand defenseman take longer to develop and agree with everything said above. This is simply a vent.)

I'd argue it's the exact opposite with this franchise. All our top end defenders seem to have their best year during their rookie season going back to Myers. It's just that this team then decides to then crown them the new 1D and ride them into the ground with absolutely no vetern support at 19/20. Then they burn out, don't progress and we draft the next 1D. The former then gets delt and we go through the process once again. I mean we're still asking for that vet impact on the backend even now with all the supposed high end pieces we have (and no I'm not talking EJ type guys). Yes Power should continue to grow and learn, but I wouldn't be shocked if rookie season Power is close to the best version of him we'll see as long as he's on this team.

I need ANOTHER break from this team.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I don't understand why Granato humiliated UPL by letting him give up 8 goals instead of bringing in the backup goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad