Friedman: Sabres looking at Skinner, Pacioretty and Nash

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
I'm not sure after hearing the pacioretty junk. But botts said before he wants to build around the young core so maybe start there? I'm not sure too be honest

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm not sure after hearing the pacioretty junk. But botts said before he wants to build around the young core so maybe start there? I'm not sure too be honest
In all honesty not sure why he would even trade ROR if he's looking forward as ROR is a stud at centre and wing. I guess with his speaking out at end of season is where all this talk is coming from. Hopefully gets sorted you guys have a solid core and will be fun to watch congrats on Dahlin !!

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
In all honesty not sure why he would even trade ROR if he's looking forward as ROR is a stud at centre and wing. I guess with his speaking out at end of season is where all this talk is coming from. Hopefully gets sorted you guys have a solid core and will be fun to watch congrats on Dahlin !!
I know. My only guess is he asked for a trade

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
At least one prime asset has to be coming back. Tanev who is always hurt is not it. You guys are gonna balk at trading one of your three young stud forwards (rightfully so) so it's hard to see a fit.
You are correct in that it's an unfortunate situation if he's asked for a move. You guys seem to have a really nice core and I see great things in a year or two for the Sabres if you can get some complimentary pieces around that core.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Don't want to trade ROR for any of these as the key piece coming back. And I'm in favor of trading ROR in general for the right pieces.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Patches to Buffalo means Reinhart or ROR coming back.

Obviously a + from the Montreal side either way.

Duclair/Reinhart/Domi reconnecting in Montreal is something I could really see happening

Equally, ROR being a Hab is something I could see happening.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Strange when I read the article I didn’t imply the Sabres were looking at these three. Seemed the articles implied they were looking at players who have skills like Nash, Skinner and Max.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Duclair/Reinhart/Domi reconnecting in Montreal is something I could really see happening

While I concur ROR would be the Habs target, Patches wouldn't be Buffalo's. Drouin or Domi, but not Patches. And may as well throw in that 3rd OA as well, as none of these players mentioned are worth ROR alone.

Reactions: normaliswear

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

LOL

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
In what world either is Skinner or Pacioretty so much better than their counterpart you could compare them as a Corolla to a BMW.
Exactly.
In the last 3 years- Skinner 89 goals, Pac 82
In last 4 years- Skinner 107, Pac 119

Apparently 1 down year on a bad team turns a BMW into a Corolla.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ryan O'Reilly for 3rd OA is something I could see Bergevin doing.
My focus isn't on Montreal, the known need at position is already well discussed. My focus is on Buffalo. The Buffalo Sabres have spent the past 4 seasons quietly building a center depth of youth with great potential. The names of Middlestadt, Asplund, Pu and yes, Reinhart (even though he's been on wing a majority of his first 3 seasons). So the real question is why Buffalo would trade ROR when the proposed replacements for his absence are very untested at the NHL center position level?
The answer may be much closer than many think when it comes to a deal with Montreal, if indeed talks have gone on. What if acquiring Domi then signing him to an extension is the larger part of a deal for ROR without giving up the 3 OA? What if Reinhart slid in to the line 2 center position with Domi on his LW (re-uniting the 2 from their WCJ days)?
That may address a need of the Sabres, LW with speed, chemistry and youth. But Domi alone wouldn't get ROR to Montreal, there would have to be something else. Buffalo also needs a net minder to pair with Ullmark. Charlie Lindgren?
And how about those four 2nd'ers Montreal has acquired? Surely they'll move some to address immediate need while not giving up the ability to restock the farm.

There are options here without the 3rd OA is the point. We'll see in the coming days/weeks.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Ryan O'Reilly for 3rd OA is something I could see Bergevin doing.

No he won't. It will be something around Pacioretty and Reinhart. As we see right now and since MB is Mtl' GM, he prefers 1 vs 1 trades.

If he gets a guy like Reinhart who can play center, he will put himself in a position of drafting the best player available at 3OA, which is Zadina. He is nhl ready and will easily replace Galchenyuk's production in a year or 2.

I could easily see a pretty young top 9 next year for Habs.

Drouin-Reinhart-Gallagher
Zadina-Domi-Scherbak
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
Hudon-DLR-Shaw/Deslauriers

And that's a good start for a rebuild. Hopefully, they can get a gem or 2 with their 2nd round picks. Then next year's draft will be the real moment for Habs to get their no.1 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->