Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Leafs -March 26th, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
How can it be as early as Monday night? NJ has a max of 100 points they can reach. Florida at 101. We are currently at 97 points. It can not be officially clinched on Monday night. Or am I missing something?

Well if Florida lose in regulation and the Leafs win, the best they can reach is 99 which we would have. We have them beat in ROW by quite a bit so it's pretty much a clinch but I guess in a technical sense not there yet.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Well if Florida lose in regulation and the Leafs win, the best they can reach is 99 which we would have. We have them beat in ROW by quite a bit so it's pretty much a clinch but I guess in a technical sense not there yet.
we only have 3 more row than them. thats not that many more

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Boston is going to be worn out pretty bad by the end.

9 games in 15 days against hard opposition. 2xTB, 3xFlorida, Wild, Flyers, Jets and the only easy team in Ottawa.

They are already feeling the injury bug and thats not going to help matters either.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013

Florida actually has a big ROW advantage. They are only 3 row back of us with 14 points to make up. It's practically a given that they would have more ROW once they made up the 14 points. Not that it's going to happen anyway.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
PSX_20180325_205008.jpg

damn, been a while since I've seen the Leafs be such a heavy favourite for a game - makes sense though, 31ST vs. 6TH

Reactions: NiftyMits

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
This is probably a bigger Trap game than versus the Red Wings especially since our clinching is coming closer and closer

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Super random question but I'm heading to the game tomorrow and I was wondering; would be allowed in with my school bag? I have class till around 4:30 and I'd like to avoid hauling ass all the way up the subway line from UofT and then head right BACK downtown. I guess I should just skip class to be safe:D

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This is probably a bigger Trap game than versus the Red Wings especially since our clinching is coming closer and closer
I was thinking the same thing, however since they have already played Buffalo twice this month they know what to expect and I'm sure Babcock will remind them not to take them lightly or have the players assume it's a guaranteed win.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
100%. And drafting guys with great character.

Definitely a great strategy to follow in the years to come. I love skilled players, but I love skilled players who are quality people even more. They understand that it's not 'all about me'. It's one of the reason's I don't think Kovy's on the radar following this year...he's not shown the quality of character I think the team is pursuing.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Definitely a great strategy to follow in the years to come. I love skilled players, but I love skilled players who are quality people even more. They understand that it's not 'all about me'. It's one of the reason's I don't think Kovy's on the radar following this year...he's not shown the quality of character I think the team is pursuing.
Exactly. People forget, the biggest asset in this league is cap space. Just because you have it, does not mean you must use it.

The Leafs have created an enormous amount of competition and depth within their own organization as a whole (NHL/AHL) and then minor developmental leagues. We have a lot of options this summer that can compete for some of the holes that will result from Leo/Bozak/JvR.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I hate these games against lower tier teams. you know they will try and make a bright spot for the season. they have pulled some dirty hits on us before it would just be disgusting if they ended up injuring someone.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
I hate these games against lower tier teams. you know they will try and make a bright spot for the season. they have pulled some dirty hits on us before it would just be disgusting if they ended up injuring someone.

Detroit was playing this game too. Matt Martin to the rescue? (Lol)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Super random question but I'm heading to the game tomorrow and I was wondering; would be allowed in with my school bag? I have class till around 4:30 and I'd like to avoid hauling ass all the way up the subway line from UofT and then head right BACK downtown. I guess I should just skip class to be safe:D
You have to check your bag and pick it up after.
Bag Policy | Air Canada Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad