Confirmed with Link: Sabres have signed Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I knew nothing about him a month ago...i'm quite confident this is going to turn out far better then Antipin did. His skill level and hockey sense look very impressive. I would probably start him in Rochester though.

I’m quite confident Antipin would have worked out better if given the opportunity

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Nice Signing. I remember last year when I was hoping that they would sign either Borgman or Rosen for depth and then both went to the Leafs. The Swedish guys think he is better then both of them.

Winning Defencemen of the year at 22 is a nice feat.

If this signing does nothing but push Beauleau out of town then it is more then worth it.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Shouldn't base what the team should do off of Housley's idiotic mistakes. The supposed reason Antipin kept getting scratched was because of the language barrier. Aren't most Swedes fluent in English? Looking at his twitter right now and he has multiple posts and re-posts in English.

Pilut is half American actually, he was born in Detroit.

Reactions: Kyndig

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
"Otto Pilut"

giphy.gif

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I just took a look at the Swedish WC roster to see why the SHL Dman of the year wouldn't crack that roster. I was surprised at the talent they had on D.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
I just took a look at the Swedish WC roster to see why the SHL Dman of the year wouldn't crack that roster. I was surprised at the talent they had on D.

Well we do have almost 40 NHL d-men to pick from, so I wouldn't hold that against him at 22. Wikstrand is an SHL:er and is probably worse than Pilut, but he's there in a strictly complementary defense role that Pilut wouldn't fill as well. If you use Pilut you want him to run his pairing.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
How the hell we spose to keep peace.
Hahahaha, I didn't think anyone here would know about that

I love Detroit, great city, good music great people, better parties. I know we're off topic but whatever, long live the resistance

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
They couldn't add that clause even if they wanted to. Entry level contracts are required to be two-way.
The optional clause that allows a player to opt for assignment to a club outside of North America instead of the AHL has nothing to do with whether or not a contract is two-way.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
What can you expect from a NHL rookie with a rookie coach on the worst team in the NHL.
He needed more time, maybe in AHL.
If there was any chance for Antipin to make it in the NHL he would have needed to go straight to the AHL for 20-30 games. Although having said that, with his lack of size and complete lack of defensive ability there was never much chance for anything more than a 7th Dman / depth role for him in the NHL. Regardless, patience is a virtue. Lets hope the lesson of Antipin can help with Pilut.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If there was any chance for Antipin to make it in the NHL he would have needed to go straight to the AHL for 20-30 games. Although having said that, with his lack of size and complete lack of defensive ability there was never much chance for anything more than a 7th Dman / depth role for him in the NHL. Regardless, patience is a virtue. Lets hope the lesson of Antipin can help with Pilut.
Antipin does not have a complete lack of defensive ability.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

He’s been trying to twist himself into a pretzel attempting to convince anyone who will listen that Antipin should have gone to the AHL.

It couldn’t possibly be that he was under utilized. Not used properly when he was in the lineup. And not given a healthy chunk of games to work through any warts he did have.
Nope… That couldn’t possibly be the reason. It must be that he is only AHL quality. :biglaugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

He’s been trying to twist himself into a pretzel attempting to convince anyone who will listen that Antipin should have gone to the AHL.

It couldn’t possibly be that he was under utilized. Not used properly when he was in the lineup. And not given a healthy chunk of games to work through any warts he did have.
Nope… That couldn’t possibly be the reason. It must be that he is only AHL quality. :biglaugh:

Guys just be happy he didn't somehow twist Antipin not being in the AHL as Tim Murray's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->