News Article: Sabres fans hold protest in front of KeyBank Center

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres fans hold protest in front of KeyBank Center
Frustrated fans “Pack the Plaza” to protest Sabres
Sabres fans stage protest over the team's management

(BUFFALO, N.Y.)–A group of frustrated fans held a protest outside of the KeyBank Center Saturday to protest their displeasure of the Buffalo Sabres.
The “Pack the Plaza” protest was held to show the frustration fans are feeling now that it looks like the team won’t make the playoffs for the ninth year in a row. Organizers say they hope that this rally will get the attention of Kim and Terry Pegula.

Not a big turnout, but it was covered by the local tv stations.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Sabres fans hold protest in front of KeyBank Center
Frustrated fans “Pack the Plaza” to protest Sabres
Sabres fans stage protest over the team's management

(BUFFALO, N.Y.)–A group of frustrated fans held a protest outside of the KeyBank Center Saturday to protest their displeasure of the Buffalo Sabres.
The “Pack the Plaza” protest was held to show the frustration fans are feeling now that it looks like the team won’t make the playoffs for the ninth year in a row. Organizers say they hope that this rally will get the attention of Kim and Terry Pegula.

Not a big turnout, but it was covered by the local tv stations.

I would’ve been down there if I knew

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Protesting never seems to me to be the right approach. Boycott is what you do when you are unsatisfied with something that has financial implications for the company selling you the product. So stop going to the games, stop watching on TV, stop buying yancy's fancy cheese, and if you are actually brave enough to take on the veterans and military and be dubbed a traitor, throw out your original pizza logs.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Take the Lethal weapon 2 approach and just follow Botts around town like the consul general and make running into him look like a coincidence, until it isn't ....

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres protest packs plaza with frustration, if not with people

Kevyn Adams is the only one with any guts.
“We have a great fan base, and it is really important that our fans know how engaged Terry and Kim Pegula are in this organization . We’re all in this together and Terry and Kim want the best for this organization. Everybody wants it to be better.”

Adams stepped outside and invited the protesters to come inside and warm up from the 21-degree weather and snow flurries.
Many accepted the offer, though others, including Tripi, declined.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sabres protest packs plaza with frustration, if not with people

Kevyn Adams is the only one with any guts.
“We have a great fan base, and it is really important that our fans know how engaged Terry and Kim Pegula are in this organization . We’re all in this together and Terry and Kim want the best for this organization. Everybody wants it to be better.”

Adams stepped outside and invited the protesters to come inside and warm up from the 21-degree weather and snow flurries.
Many accepted the offer, though others, including Tripi, declined.

Well played to Adams.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Protesting never seems to me to be the right approach. Boycott is what you do when you are unsatisfied with something that has financial implications for the company selling you the product. So stop going to the games, stop watching on TV, stop buying yancy's fancy cheese, and if you are actually brave enough to take on the veterans and military and be dubbed a traitor, throw out your original pizza logs.
This has been my approach. Protesting in this case is pretty lame.

Reactions: jc17

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Does it count as a boycott if you stop watching out of boredom/frustration instead of out of principle?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I don’t know. I guess I don’t get how the owners issuing a statement saying that they’re frustrated does any good?

How does that fix anything? I’m sure they’re frustrated. But it wouldn’t make me feel any better about this season if they issue a public statement saying they’re frustrated.

I want action. I want something that makes me feel better about the direction this team is headed.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Probably something like “Glad no one gives us our due share of the blame” or something similar.

I'd take those two over any other combo they've assembled since. Well not now Ruff's getting up there, but you know what I mean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad