Ryan Wilson/Jordan Clendenning

OilBuoy

Sep 8, 2006
Any word if an NHL club might scoop up the rights to Ryan Wilson or Jordan Clendenning? Wilson put up more than a PPG clip this past season with the Sarnia Sting, not bad for an undrafted defenceman. Is there a reason for him not being drafted, ie. one dimensional style of play? Clendenning, meanwhile, has put up over 50pts. the past two seasons in the QMJHL and served as the captain of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan last season. Clendenning would be a solid future energy line player IMO as he plays with grit and determination that go along with solid leadership qualities. Both players were invited to training camp by the St. Louis Blues before the start of last season and both are entering their overage seasons in the CHL this coming year. Any word on either guy?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i hope someone signs wilson, i have allways liked they guy, even if he is not great in he's own end.

Believe in Blue

Jul 4, 2007
Wilson is a fairly good defenceman for the Sting. Id say he focuses more on his offensive style of play rather than defensive, but hes a physical player, great captain.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
Wilson is a fairly good defenceman for the Sting. Id say he focuses more on his offensive style of play rather than defensive, but hes a physical player, great captain.

His skating is his major weakness. He does thrive in the offensive zone but he gets caught when he can't get back on defensive zone coverage.

He would be worth a project spot in an organization, get a sakting coach to work with him and see what happens.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
His skating is his major weakness. He does thrive in the offensive zone but he gets caught when he can't get back on defensive zone coverage.

He would be worth a project spot in an organization, get a sakting coach to work with him and see what happens.

i agree. what do you have to loose?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->