Ryan Whitney gets no respect around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
TransportedUpstater said:
When I said Whitney wasn't in Pitkanen's league, I meant as a player, not what league they are actually playing in :p: :D

I was trying to be funny...a poor atempt at humor, I guess :D

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess there's a reason Whitney doesn't get respect: certainly didn't respect his fellow player with an absolute bush league, ******** cheap shot on Prucha.

What a pansy!

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Jon Prescription said:
I guess there's a reason Whitney doesn't get respect: certainly didn't respect his fellow player with an absolute bush league, ******** cheap shot on Prucha.

What a pansy!

It was completely unnecessary that's for sure. I don't know how big Whitney is, but Prucha is hardly even 180.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
MisterUnspoken said:
It was completely unnecessary that's for sure. I don't know how big Whitney is, but Prucha is hardly even 180.

One of the nastier, cheaper hits I've seen this year so far.

Prucha is pretty small. I think Whitney is 6'3, maybe? Prucha around 5'11 at BEST.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
How many posts are you going to make about that boarding hit?

I mean, Prucha never even went to the bench.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:

What a pansy!
And you're making mock "boo-hoo" posts to other people?

Get over it already.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This thread should just be closed, because it's going to generate into a pissing contest.

Master Shake will come on and keep making one sentence posts about Whitney's superiority to Pitkanen, which is not there yet and may never be. (he'd have to be very good to be better)

Anyways, Whitney had a bad game tonight and made some rookie mistakes. He's still a very promising young prospect, but has some things to improve in the NHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
clefty said:
And you're making mock "boo-hoo" posts to other people?

Get over it already.

There's a difference when someone is whining about his team playing like **** and getting blown out vs a player throwing one of the more scummy hits as of recent.

Big difference.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Jacobv2 said:
How many posts are you going to make about that boarding hit?

I mean, Prucha never even went to the bench.

Prucha's been flattened time after time again and he never goes to the bench. What's the point? A bush league, cheap **** hit is a bush league, cheap **** hit and it should be talked about. Hopefully that's not the "true" Whitney we'll see in the NHL.

Luckily for him he didn't hurt Prucha...

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
It was a bad hit, but Whitney has not shown any incident of stuff like this, and I doubt it will continue.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
There's a difference when someone is whining about his team playing like **** and getting blown out vs a player throwing one of the more scummy hits as of recent.

Big difference.

Oh, of course there is.

Quit yer whinin. It was a careless hit, well out of character, was penalized and Prucha is fine, so let it go. You'd think Whitney came at him with a bowie knife the way you're carrying on.

pens66-87

i remember saying whitney is better than pitickan and this eventually lead to me being banned

ephecks

Jan 3, 2005
Evilo said:
There you go.
Whitney is as good or better than JayB so far (key words being so far), and looks great out there.

in all honesty, its easy to look good as part of such a cruddy pens defense. have fun with crosby though :madfire:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah, he looked extremely impressive (arguably the best player in the league) in an all star Wilkes-Barre team.
You can't have it both ways.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
MrKnowNothing said:
It was a bad hit, but Whitney has not shown any incident of stuff like this, and I doubt it will continue.

That's good. I like Whitney more than most since he is an American prospect and I have a bias that I want all American prospects to succeed. Hopefully he doesn't continue that crap.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
MrKnowNothing said:
This thread should just be closed, because it's going to generate into a pissing contest.

Master Shake will come on and keep making one sentence posts about Whitney's superiority to Pitkanen, which is not there yet and may never be. (he'd have to be very good to be better)

Anyways, Whitney had a bad game tonight and made some rookie mistakes. He's still a very promising young prospect, but has some things to improve in the NHL.

:handclap: Smartest post in this thread from someone who claims to know nothing.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Master Shake said:
It is rather silly. Hes better then Bouwmeester by a mile and better then Pitkanen by a nose.

he might be good, id agree he could be better then bouw cuz bouw isnt doing a thing and is making brutal plays, but hes no where near pitkanen yet

M_Y_T_H

Oct 9, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm a Pens fan and there's no way he's better than Pitkanen. Bouwmeester, maybe as Jay is having a very bad year. I think Whitney will be a fine PP QB one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad