Ryan White potential?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Rich09, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Rich09

Rich09 Registered User

When the Habs drafted Ryan White, everyone said that he was going to be a fourth line grinder, if one day he makes the big league. But this year, he had a tramendous season:
    2006-07 Calgary Hitmen WHL 72 34 55 89

Is he going to be a late horse? Is he better than expected? What kind of potential does he have right now?

2. Louis Houde

Louis Houde Registered User

student
    He did great with a good team. Had some short-handed goals. Plays hard in 3 zones. But still, he's somehow lazy in his developement. I heard that he's not active at all in the gym and do not spend enought time getting in a better shape.

He has been very good so far in the playoff, he's a very good chl hockey player. I do not think he got all the offensive tools to score in the nhl. For example, you can compare stats with Chris Neil :
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=25909

Neil had a good offensive production in the OHL. It didnt translate very well in the nhl.

You have to understand that each player got a role. To get the scoring role, you must be a heck of a scorer in your early years. Of course there is exceptions.. but so far so good with Ryan White.

I think he will be playing with the habs in 2 years; probably as a third liner tho.

3. lamp9post

lamp9post Registered User

Hmm...as a Habs fan, I'd be happy if White turned into another Chris Neal - He is exactly the type of player the Habs need and he plays a very important role on the senators.

4. Louis Houde

Louis Houde Registered User

student
    Hold on, i never said he's like Chris Neil .......

i just said that being a good scorer in the chl dont give you a top 6 role automatically

5. Red Ice

Red Ice Registered User

Isn't he the kid who has full blown AIDS, contracted via blood transfusion in the 1980s?

Besides the AIDS thing, his future looks very bright!:m-cool: :AIDS:

6. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

I see him as more of a 3rd liner, I saw him at the U-17's and was impressed with how he played. Seems like the kind of player that will do whatever he can do help his team win. Nice wrist shot, good passer, plays physical, works hard at both ends of the rink. We'll see what he can do when he hits the AHL after next season, I hope he can work on his skating/foot speed but he'll have a couple years to do so.