Ryan Stoa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
A while ago he was right up there with Skille.

there were arguments who was better and all that. What made him drop to 20s.

Love for the Leafs to pick him.

Can someone tell me about him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He's got all the tools (and great size) but is viewed as somewhat indifferant (or inconsistant), which is why he isn't ranked higher than he is. I think you'll see a team in the twenties draft him, and a couple years down the road he'll be viewed as a steal. Great talent.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hedberg16 said:
He wasn't invited to the upcoming USA World Junior Camp.

Right. Like I said, he's viewed as somewhat indifferant (which can mean alot of things, IMO it means not giving a consistent effort every shift). I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the mix at a later date.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
From what I saw at the U-18, he has great speed and hands, but he's really afraid to go in the corners and don't want to take the hit.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
He is only two spots behind Skille in the CSB final rankings. Apparently a lot of scouts still feel he is pretty much comparable with Skille. The draft is only projection anyway. Stoa could very well end up being the better player down the road.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Yeah I hear its just his desire or heart that seems to be questioned at time. Skill and all those other things seem to be very good. Maybe he is just misunderstood and peopel jump all over stuff in order to create some kinda story or whatnot.

If his heart is in it and he has the skill everyoen says he has I hope my team grabs him if there isn't anyone obviously better kidcking around. My team picks in teh mid twenties.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
If any of you followed Barry Tallackson, i see Stoa in the same light. Both very talented players with all the physical tools. Speed, hands, vision.... but words like heart, determination and relentlessness do not circle around them. So time will tell. He could be a very solid forward with size and speed, or he could be, if he only.... kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad