Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Sproul (Assigned to HFD)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Before I clicked on this, I hope it meant that Kampfer would be out of the lineup.

Happy I'm right, but sucks that it's because he's injured.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Sproul has been surprisingly good in recent weeks. Nobody paid attention to him, but he's been solid.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Man, how pissed at Brendan Smith are the Rangers if they're calling up Sproul over him? LOL.
Maybe he has some good off-season motivation to get back into shape and come ready for the next season.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I feel really bad for Graves, as I mentioned last week, when Pionk and Gilmour were called up.
I watched a Wolf Pack vs Laval Rocket, live game in January, and thought that Graves really looked good, played a great 2 way game, although ADA really stood out to me, with his skating and puck handling skills, but Graves was really good also. It's just strange to me, that he hasn't been given a cup of coffee this year.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Zucc too!
It`s more liekely he will be here in the october training camp and that concern you, because he found a new level of gear and he is in `world cup condition` when he almost single handly knocked out Team USA, Sweden with Henrik, and played against Canada in the final. And Zucc know it might be his last games for New York Rangers so he will find new found energies - so maybe management consider him and decide to keep him with all the new prospects and youth coming to New York next summer.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
And if they move him, fine, but not sure only a 1st pick is worth it.

Yes, back to topic, it`s a great opportunity for Ryan Sproul - rooting for him! :)

Last edited:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Ouch. Im very happy that the young guys gets a chance to prove themselves, but this is getting to be a *lot* of injuries...

Reactions: Ori

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Meanwhile, Ryan Graves is twiddling his thumbs over in the corner...

Graves is kind of a boom/bust guy. Amazing tools: 6-5 225, 104 mph shot, solid skater, excellent defending 1-on-1. But the issue is putting it all together. If he does, he could be a first pair defenseman. If he doesn't, he'll hang out in the AHL until he retires at the age of 27.

The other issue is that the coaching change effected him BY FAR more than anyone else in Hartford. Last year, Kenny G wanted him to develop his offensive game and made Graves fire from all angles on offense and join in the rush. This year, Keith McCambridge went completely the other way and made him play an all-defensive game, barely joining the rush, but always covering for others (mostly for Gilmour trying to stickhandle and turning over the puck). He went from all-offense to all-defense. That couldn't possibly speed up his development. Let's give him one more year to see if he can put his tools together.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad