Player Discussion Ryan Spooner

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Exactly.

Plus with the lottery system, you can be halfway respectable and still get up there.
Exactly, this year, as much as management can't really say it out loud to the fans and players, is lost and the games mean pretty much nothing for anyone except kids proving themselves and maybe new acquisitions wanting to do the same. The "goal" is pretty much just to make it to the end of the year.

Next year, the goal isn't to win the cup obviously, but it should be to start acclimating some of the kids to the league and see what we have in them, see how they do along with the vets in building a competitive team. Get a feel for how far they are, how far the whole organization is, what positions needs to be supplemented, where we have surplus etc. Next year should not be an entire season of lost and meaningless games.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ottawa has 52 pts, so it could happen @Machinehead - I think Oilers will get past us on the table - so maybe we will end up with the 5th or 6th overall pick at earliest, or we win the lottery for #1.
Anyway Gorton indirectly said it`s not vital to get one of the top 3 picks - so he actually said and hope we are going to win some games end of this season.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Ottawa has 52 pts, so it could happen @Machinehead - I think Oilers will get past us on the table - so maybe we will end up with the 5th or 6th overall pick at earliest, or we win the lottery for #1.
Anyway Gorton indirectly said it`s not vital to get one of the top 3 picks - so he actually said and hope we are going to win some games end of this season.
Imo there's no debating that getting 1OA would speed things up tremendously and change the whole landscape of the rebuild. The isn't an RNH or Yak kind of year for the 1OA. But yeah, the difference between Svech and Zadina or Boqvist or something like that shouldn't be all that huge. I'd still love Zadina though. He seems like an NYR type.

Reactions: Ori

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
I think he and Vlad both bring what our group lacks, which is top end hands and puck skills. We have big guys who can take the puck to the net and guys who can finish off the rush, we don't have many guys who are capable of the seeing and executing the pretty passing play, or dekeing around solid d-men. Both of these guys are capable of that. Spooner with guys like Hayes and Fast adds a skillset to that line that we didn't have before. Not sure where Vlad will play but I wonder if he and Buch can make some magic together, Buch can be a great finisher when he has a good set up man.
Spooner already revealed his passing skills in his 1st game as a Ranger. Even twice. I mean his passes to Miller when the 1st goal was scored and to Hayes when the 2nd one was scored.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
He looked great in his first game and from all I've read hope they keep him around for a while. Could see this finishing out the year:

Kreider-Z-Buch
Names-Hayes-Zucc
Vesey-Spooner-Fast
Carey-DD-Letteri

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
One thing I am REALLY impressed with is how Spoons creates space in tight areas - I think that’s an amazing attribute to have as a player. He is doing it pretty often too. Pretty good playmaker and distributor of the puck.

Reactions: belford222

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What a great display in OT by him, he don`t miss Boston now, 3 pts champ! :)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Alright guys, I know it is early and he has only played 2 games, but I can't be the only one who draws a comparison with Brassard here.

Great vision, great passing. And he is off to a flyer as a Ranger with 5 assists in his first 2 games.

Reactions: NYR Viper

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
There are people who want Messier as the coach.
mark_Messier_Gary_Coleman_penis.jpg

does this look a man who can't coach our new york rangers?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Alright guys, I know it is early and he has only played 2 games, but I can't be the only one who draws a comparison with Brassard here.

Great vision, great passing. And he is off to a flyer as a Ranger with 5 assists in his first 2 games.

First page.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
If he keeps It up we should resign him. His hands and vision are incredible and he is solid in the defensive zone. Freaking steal by Gorton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad