Injury Report: Ryan Smyth (Groin - Out Atleast a Week)

gizhola

Apr 19, 2006
As per Twitter

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 12m
Taylor Hall will have company in Edm.Ryan Smyth is flying home.Smyth didn't skate this morning and will be looked at by team's medical staff

The Joker*

And so it begins...

Usually we're half decent before everyone gets hurt. This year we have two wins and now everyone is hurt.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Darn it. Just as he was starting to look like a hockey player again. But tbh a few games on the sidelines might be good in the long run to keep him from burning out as long as the injury isn't to severe. So Pitlick certain to draw in I guess? Will be nice to see him in a situation where he's not expected to score but to play hard and crasch the net, he could actually benefit from it.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Ottawa lost their Norris trophy winning Dman, their #1 goalie and their best forward/C for almost all of last year and made the playoffs. The oilers have built up enough depth that to this point we can't use injuries as an excuse. Especially when everyone and their dog are hating on Smyth and under valued Gagner in past years.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Who knows? When he isn't doing wraparounds he lays on the ice. Maybe he strained his shoulder doing a wraparound or he broke his coccyx when he fell down.

Best word ever.

If Pitlick can come in and provide some speed and physicality, shouldn't be a huge loss.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Figured something was wrong with him when he started to play like an NHL hockey player again. The moment the *****ing on this board stopped, it was apparent Smytty had to be examined. :sarcasm:

Oct 30, 2011
He's been a pretty effective player for us.

He would have been a useful piece to break our PP slump. We need that dirty goal.

Without him, our team speed is a little better, but our net presence suffers.

I would rather have him play instead of Jones.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I don't think I'll miss him.
I feel bad for saying it, but I like the team better when he isn't playing.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I don't think I'll miss him.
I feel bad for saying it, but I like the team better when he isn't playing.

The legend of Ryan Smyth is a much better mentor to our young guys than the real Ryan Smyth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad