Injury Report: Ryan Shazier regains feelings in his legs

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I assume this is similar to what Knox went thru though Knox had to have it performed night of his injury

Johnny Knox was unable to continue his professional career and sadly I suspect that will be case for Shazier as well

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Given the level of contact for his position and risk of re-injury, i imagine his playing career is all but over with the surgery.

Damn shame. Guy was really starting to cement himself as one of the league's best. At least he can likely lead a full life outside of the game, or perhaps the Steelers organization gives him a gig somewhere in the background.

The important thing is he's going to be okay function wise.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wish him all the best in his recovery. The early and somewhat positive speculation made it seem like he avoided something very serious but it hasn't sounded too good the last few days. Unless I missed it, I don't think anyone has said anything about him moving his legs yet.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Watching that was scary. Really hope he recovers well. Can’t imagine how that must have been for him

Steelers will probably lose to the pats now

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
At the very least, the fact that he will be able to live a normal life going forward is good and what’s most important.

It is a shame from a football perspective as he was becoming one of the really good LBers in the game.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Sucks what happens when you lead with your head down. Hearing that his career is most likely over is sad to hear, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. One of the best LB's in Ohio State history and this season he was finally putting all the tools in the tool box. As someone who has been dealing with spine issues for the past couple of years my heart goes out to Shazier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad