Player Discussion Ryan O'Reilly - all purpose discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If the cops at the time couldn't get the one witness to identify the driver of the truck then the Crown wasted resources bringing the charge to trial.

What I don't understand is why he wasn't charged with leaving the scene of an accident. That we know he did.

I would think the Tim Horton's franchise owner would sue him for the damages to the building - pocket change for O'Reilly.

Probably was defended by the lawyer saying that if the witness couldn't identify ROR as the driver, how can they prove ROR was in the truck...

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
If the cops at the time couldn't get the one witness to identify the driver of the truck then the Crown wasted resources bringing the charge to trial.

What I don't understand is why he wasn't charged with leaving the scene of an accident. That we know he did.

I would think the Tim Horton's franchise owner would sue him for the damages to the building - pocket change for O'Reilly.

You can only really charge him with that if you can prove he was the driver in the accident, which they clearly could not do, so.....

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Good for ROR. Hopefully some meaningful games gets him ready for Buffalo. I don't think he will be relied on too heavily for Canada.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
He's a godsend for this team.

And criminally underrated by the general populace of hockey fans. Someone on the nhl facebook page said that O'Reilly "doesn't have much skill." What???? :help: I hope seeing O'Reilly play for the World Cup will clue more fans into just how good he is.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The all star game is never a great place to actually showcase skill in a highly competitive game because everyone coasts and no one back checks. This is the perfect stage for ROR to prove his mettle.

I would think that All Star weekend would be a better place to showcase skill.

Especially if they use ROR in more of a checking role with Team Canada.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
After two full seasons as a Sabre, what does everyone think about ROR? Is he what we expected? Did you expect more? Etc

He played 143 games over the last two seasons with 41/74/115 and a CF% 49.1% (relative CF% 2.0%) playing heavy dzone starts (almost 55%).

Aside from him getting worn down later in both seasons from Bylsmas inexplicable overusage of ROR, I think he's been great. IMO, Ryan O'Reilly has given us everything we hoped for in terms of a player. He's worked hard, produced, lead by example and I think he can put up better numbers in a more balanced role (not 24min / gm, heavy dzone starts and PK time).

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
After two full seasons as a Sabre, what does everyone think about ROR? Is he what we expected? Did you expect more? Etc

He played 143 games over the last two seasons with 41/74/115 and a CF% 49.1% (relative CF% 2.0%) playing heavy dzone starts (almost 55%).

Aside from him getting worn down later in both seasons from Bylsmas inexplicable overusage of ROR, I think he's been great. IMO, Ryan O'Reilly has given us everything we hoped for in terms of a player. He's worked hard, produced, lead by example and I think he can put up better numbers in a more balanced role (not 24min / gm, heavy dzone starts and PK time).

Even better than I expected (He's more skilled than I expected). Cant wait to see him with the Bylsmackles taken off.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

On the eve of its opening game of the 2017 IIHF World Championship, Canada has announced that Claude Giroux (Hearst, Ontario/Philadelphia Flyers) will captain the red-and-white as the team looks to defend its back-to-back gold medals.

Serving as alternate captains are Matt Duchene (Haliburton, Ontario/Colorado Avalanche) and Ryan O’Reilly (Varna, Ontario/Buffalo Sabres) who were on the 2015 and 2016 Worlds Gold Medal-winning teams as well as Marc-Édouard Vlasic (Montreal, Quebec/San Jose Sharks). All four players also captured the World Cup of Hockey in September.

Ryan O’Reilly reprises his role as alternate captain for Team Canada at worlds, having worn the ‘A’ at the 2016 IIHF World Championship. A two-time Gold-Medallist at the 2015 and 2016 Worlds, O’Reilly also serves as an alternate captain for the Buffalo Sabres, and he most recently represented the red-and-white at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey, winning the tournament.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/2017-mwc-giroux-to-captain-canada-at-worlds

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Goal Canada! 1-0! -RYAN O'REILLY!!! Assists - Mark Scheifele - Tyson Barrie - Time Of Goal - 6:09 - First Period.

LaxSabre - Canada went on to win the game 4-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->