Ryan or Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
K I have the 3rd pick in my pool...

I pretty well already know that Crosby is going 1 and Jack Johnson is going 2...

Do you take Bobby Ryan or Gilbert Brule....or darn I say Benoit Pouliot...

to me it's between Ryan and Brule...I want upside with likeliness to achieve it...

Pouliot seems higher upside...higher risk...thoughts?

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
I don't see anywhere near as much risk with Poulliot as I might have seen a couple of months ago. He showed tons of potential at the Wild camp, and damned near made the team. Now he's tearing up his junior league, averaging a point in a half or two points a game. If it hadn't been a Crosby year, he could have easily been the #1 overall pick. I'd take him before Ryan any day, and probably before Brule.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Qubax said:
man I need more feedback on this

on hockeys future

Brule is 8.0
Ryan is 8.5
Poliout 7.5

why so?

These ratings were done before he almost made the team out of camp....I would go with Pouliot, but it's pretty close IMO.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
HABS-65 said:
Ryan , heard he is working hard on his skating

Good to see. It makes it insanely close now.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with Brule, Johnson, Ryan or Pouliot. Really just go on personal preference.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I would definately say Brule.... he put up tonnes of points last year playing on the second line behind Courchaine. He is also more skilled, and way faster IMO.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
monster_bertuzzi said:
He's not even in the second tier which is guys like Skille, Hanzal, O'Marra, Setoguchi...

Hey, you forgot "IMO".

Because IMO, Latendresse is easily in the second tier, and I'd take him over O'Marra and Hanzal as it stands.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Kyle Chipchura said:
Hey, you forgot "IMO".

Because IMO, Latendresse is easily in the second tier, and I'd take him over O'Marra and Hanzal as it stands.

I'd take him over Hanzal and Setoguchi(never liked him, way too streaky) but I'm a pretty big fan of O'Marra.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Kyle Chipchura said:
Hey, you forgot "IMO".

Yeah except it's not only ''IMO''. The pro scouts didn't think he was even in the 5th tier, dropping to the middle of the second round...

Kasparov*

monster_bertuzzi said:
He's not even in the second tier which is guys like Skille, Hanzal, O'Marra, Setoguchi...

Why?

Oh right.. because of where he was drafted... SMART!

:propeller

Randall Graves*

felixd said:
If somehow Johnson slips to 3rd, grab him without hesitation.

Otherwise I like Brule.
Why would you take a defensemen so high in a hockey pool when they usually take a while to develop? what is a defensemens value in a hockey pool anyways?

MetalMilitia

Jan 8, 2005
Take Bobby "Dangles" Ryan, period! :bow: For all of you who think Brule is better than Ryan because he made the team, you've got another thing coming. Brian Burke is smart, he realizes that he can only benfit from leaving Ryan in juniors. Ask anyone who watches him play, from his rookie season to his sophmore season, he improved A LOT! And in the early stages of this season he looks to have improved even more from last year on a team that is significantly less talented. Columbus should have left Brule in junior for another year...now they may have tampered with his development a bit, IMO.

Last edited:

Randall Graves*

redwingfan33 said:
Take Bobby "Dangles" Ryan, period! :bow: For all of you who think Brule is better than Ryan because he made the team, you've got another thing coming. Brian Burke is smart, he realizes that he can only benfit from leaving Ryan in juniors. Ask anyone who watches him play, from his rookie season to his sophmore season, he improved A LOT! And in the early stages of this season he looks to have improved even more from last year on a team that is significantly less talented. Columbus should have left Brule in junior for another year...now they may have tampered with his development a bit, IMO.
But he's not a good skater.

Transported Upstater

If Brule was 6'0, 200, he would have been my consensus #2.

As it was, I had Crosby-Johnson-Pouliot-Ryan-Brule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->