Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '17-18 Season

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Nuge seems like a guy that is well liked in the room. That said the sad reality is that we may need to move out some cap to improve other areas of the team and that may include Nuge being moved thanks to the NMC's on this team.

It's unfortunate but I feel this is his swan song with the Oilers. It's fitting that were back in the basement for it.

If the return for Hall is what is required for Dmen then I don't see us being able to really upgrade much of anything for trading him away but I do understand that we only have 12 million in cap space next year to sign players (assuming 75 million dollar cap) But Nurse needs a bump and we need to replace Maroon's point production, So it would make sense that RNH is moved out

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's unfortunate but I feel this is his swan song with the Oilers. It's fitting that were back in the basement for it.

If the return for Hall is what is required for Dmen then I don't see us being able to really upgrade much of anything for trading him away but I do understand that we only have 12 million in cap space next year to sign players (assuming 75 million dollar cap) But Nurse needs a bump and we need to replace Maroon's point production, So it would make sense that RNH is moved out

If we move him and can't get a good roster player in return we should move him for a couple of 1st's +. Use those picks as trade bait or to improve our team with cheap ELC players.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Nuge on wing makes so much sense it won't happen.
Probably afraid then he would have the value of a winger in a trade instead of a centre.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Nuge seems like a guy that is well liked in the room. That said the sad reality is that we may need to move out some cap to improve other areas of the team and that may include Nuge being moved thanks to the NMC's on this team.

I think they can fit him in, the only way I see him being moved is in a package for a top D. But what do I know, there's been a lot over the past year that doesn't make sense to me.

But then they'd have to replace Maroon and Nuges production... we're already in a bit of a bind that way. Also Nuge is a versatile piece, moving him would create other problems as well.

In my dream world we would build our top 6 around the three c's and have 1 as a winger on Conner's line. We'll see if he ever tries Nuge on wing, there was an interview recently where Tmac acknowledged the possibility but I'll believe it when I see it.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Wont happen Luic back with Drai on McDavid line in practice , Nobody deserves 1st line time more than Lucic

Reactions: oobga

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Is there a team in the league that would leave a winger on the top line after not scoring for 28 games? Does anyone remember this ever happening on any team at any time?

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
So the Hockey News in their latest issue have come out and categorized RNH under "Albatross Contracts" with the likes of Lucic and Sekera. He really doesn't get much respect around the league.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
So the Hockey News in their latest issue have come out and categorized RNH under "Albatross Contracts" with the likes of Lucic and Sekera. He really doesn't get much respect around the league.
25 years ago The Hockey News was a good rag, its gone downhill very badly over the years. I wouldn't take their opinions too serious anymore. Its quite likely the writer doesn't see more than 2 Oiler games all year.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I was reading that on the plane today. I nearly burst out laughing. THN has as much relevancy as Danny and the Basement Bloggers from a NYC tenement building. They have zero credibility anymore. Most of Ken Campbell’s articles and twitter opinions are to get clicks and the podcasts are among the worst of the pro podcasts out there.

You literally could have 8year olds discussing hockey and it would be as good, and as accurate, as THN and their stable of 3 writers.

They’ve become a joke riding the coat tails of the great work Bob McKenzie did when he was Editor in Chief and they had actual HofF journalists from each market penning their stories.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is there a team in the league that would leave a winger on the top line after not scoring for 28 games? Does anyone remember this ever happening on any team at any time?
Just chiming in super late as a habs fan, you seen nothing. Look at David Desharnais in 14 15 on the first PP. He had one PP assist all year believe :laugh:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I was reading that on the plane today. I nearly burst out laughing. THN has as much relevancy as Danny and the Basement Bloggers from a NYC tenement building. They have zero credibility anymore. Most of Ken Campbell’s articles and twitter opinions are to get clicks and the podcasts are among the worst of the pro podcasts out there.

You literally could have 8year olds discussing hockey and it would be as good, and as accurate, as THN and their stable of 3 writers.

They’ve become a joke riding the coat tails of the great work Bob McKenzie did when he was Editor in Chief and they had actual HofF journalists from each market penning their stories.

Sounds like the THN has become nothing more than a tabloid newspaper.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sounds like the THN has become nothing more than a tabloid newspaper.

They can’t even sell print editions hardly anymore. It’s mainly online. Quebecor just sold them and the new owner wants to revive the publication but so long as Ken Campbell is their main reporter and they have a staff of 4 it’s not going anywhere. The Athletic will bury them.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->