Player Discussion Ryan Nugent-Hopkins '17-18 Season

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Glad Nuge is back. Haven't watched a single game of hockey this year, so maybe I shouldn't start again.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
brutal for the oilers and nuge. drai is going to get tested now and hopefully the break got him rested and ready to go.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
6 weeks is perfect, should be back just before the trade deadline so maybe we see him or Draisaitl moved out.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
6 weeks is perfect, should be back just before the trade deadline so maybe we see him or Draisaitl moved out.

6 weeks is perfect, won't be back in time for the trade deadline, so Chiarelli can't make any stupid moves in desperation. And Draisaitl isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Throttlehead

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
At what point do the Oilers decide they are back in the hunt? Wins over Buffalo, Calgary and Colorado put the Oilers over Bettman .500 for the first time since opening night.

Then do you tell Nuge it's time to play with the injury because playoffs are a real possibility? Have him play the Colorado game?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
At what point do the Oilers decide they are back in the hunt? Wins over Buffalo, Calgary and Colorado put the Oilers over Bettman .500 for the first time since opening night.

Then do you tell Nuge it's time to play with the injury because playoffs are a real possibility? Have him play the Colorado game?

You don't force a guy to play through cracked ribs.

Reactions: sepHF

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think when RNH is back, people who are fans of his should enjoy the remaining games as they are likely to be his last as an Oiler.

Because I think he's going to be moved in the summer. Chia has limited options and limited cap ... he is going to have to raid the center depth cookie jar to do anything significant.

I think he will be playing for the Habs next year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think when RNH is back, people who are fans of his should enjoy the remaining games as they are likely to be his last as an Oiler.

Because I think he's going to be moved in the summer. Chia has limited options and limited cap ... he is going to have to raid the center depth cookie jar to do anything significant.

I think he will be playing for the Habs next year.

I always enjoy watching Nuge play. I am glad that even if he does get moved that we saw him finally starting to play close to his potential this season. I am of the opinion that he is not moved unless we trade for a 1D.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Nuge is on my wife’s list of 5 so part of me hopes he gets traded to the East but I just love the kid’s leadership and play so much I’d risk it!

Reactions: ujju2

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
RNH has been one our most intriguing players this season. He's one of the smartest players on this team. I'd be in absolute shock if he's shipped off.

He is only entering his prime so I'm optimistic on his growth as an player.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
RNH has been one our most intriguing players this season. He's one of the smartest players on this team. I'd be in absolute shock if he's shipped off.

He is only entering his prime so I'm optimistic on his growth as an player.

He should really only be moved if we can get a top pairing, offensive Dman in return.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He should really only be moved if we can get a top pairing, offensive Dman in return.

I think Chia is going to try and convince Montreal to give Shea Weber up for him (after he strikes out on Karlsson and OEL).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nuge seems like a guy that is well liked in the room. That said the sad reality is that we may need to move out some cap to improve other areas of the team and that may include Nuge being moved thanks to the NMC's on this team.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nuge seems like a guy that is well liked in the room. That said the sad reality is that we may need to move out some cap to improve other areas of the team and that may include Nuge being moved thanks to the NMC's on this team.

nchmKO8K_400x400.png

I'm totally going to f*** this up, aren't I?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->