Ryan Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobey Baker

May 27, 2004
Charlestown
sabresprospects.com
Miller, like the past two years he's been a Sabre, has a shot at beating out both Biron and Noronen. Lindy Ruff actually named him the starter for last season's opener. Detroit hung 7 goals on him just a few starts later, seeming to shatter his confidence a bit. He was sent back to down to Rochester where his development plateaued, picking up his game late in the season en route a deep playoff run. While he was a key to jumpstarting Rochester's late push, he still battled the puck a bit in the playoff rounds getting benched at the end of one series. So, I guess he's still ridden with spells of inconsistency.

With Biron in arbitration (his hearing scheduled for Friday was pushed back), Buffalo could make a decision to walk away from an award they deem to be too high. The Sabres budget is already near it's limit, and they still have to deal with the contracts of Briere, Dumont, and Kalinin, among a few others. Letting Biron walk would obviously effect Miller's standing in the organization. He has all the physical tools to become a successful #1. When his mental aptitude catches up with his physical attributes, he'll be a good one for years (IMO).

Last edited:

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
so if buffalo let Biron walk away.. does that mean that #1 would be Noronen and the backup Miller for the next season!? or Miller has a shot at the #1 spot next season already?

Hobey Baker

May 27, 2004
Charlestown
sabresprospects.com
Testify said:
so if buffalo let Biron walk away.. does that mean that #1 would be Noronen and the backup Miller for the next season!? or Miller has a shot at the #1 spot next season already?

While it's not a likely scenario (the arb award would have to be in excess of $3M), Miller and Noronen would vie for the top job via an open competition if Biron were out of the picture. Biron's got the the edge in experience over the other two, but the skills of Miller would keep him close (same for Mika). Just like last year, Buffalo would enter training camp with a three-headed monster between the pipes.

Welcome to the world of a Buffalo Sabres fan.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
well thx for the good infos, I used to be anti-buffalo because of Hasek, but I luv the group of youngs guys u have down there!!! :)

The Fuhr*

Miller is a great goalie. I attended a playoff game where he played the Hamilton Bulldogs. The whole game me and my friends heckled the guy, yelling MILLER after every shot he stopped. By the time the third period came people all over the arena were yelling MILLER. The guy kept his cool the whole game and it even made him play better. He gave up one goal the entire game, but when it was over Miller skated down the ice a bit in order to get our attention, and when he got our attention he glared at us, he played better inspite of us. I feel the Bulldogs lost that game because of us, had we not heckled Miller he would not have been as great as he was during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->