Ryan McDonough

albathegreat*

He went undrafted last year, what does everyone think of him? Will he be drafted this year? Late round pick?

Currently he has 32 points in 33 games for the Spirit

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
I was very surprised that nobody even took a late round pick on him, but then again, his stats are misleading.
Sure he puts up a lot of points, but he is also very one dimensional and offensive minded only. He lies to float around the blueline and wait for breakout passes and lets his teammates do most of the dirtywork. I cant see this kid playing in the NHL at all, he is just a good junior player. He is also undersized, but then again thats not much of a factor in the new NHL. I was hoping montreal wouldve picked him up in the 7th round last year , maybe just maybe they could make something out of him.

albathegreat*

Now he has 44 points in 47 games.

Has he done anything since I made this first post to change anyones opinion on him?

Anyone guess on which round he may be selected this draft? If he is drafted at all.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I was very surprised that nobody even took a late round pick on him, but then again, his stats are misleading.
Sure he puts up a lot of points, but he is also very one dimensional and offensive minded only. He lies to float around the blueline and wait for breakout passes and lets his teammates do most of the dirtywork. I cant see this kid playing in the NHL at all, he is just a good junior player. He is also undersized, but then again thats not much of a factor in the new NHL. I was hoping montreal wouldve picked him up in the 7th round last year , maybe just maybe they could make something out of him.
He hasn`t changed his game since Pee Wee`s. I remenber My sons team playing him at Prospects Tournament about 5 or 6 years ago and he did the same thing then. He is what the scouts call a perimeter player.

Hav-a-lot*

Weird. There's a Ryan Mcdonough prospect in Minnesota as well, talk about confusing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad