Ryan McDonough

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
How has this kid looked so far this season? I noticed he was an '88 born player and was in the top 20 in scoring in the entire OHL. What type of player is he and where was he drafted last year in the OHL Draft? Is he a top prospect or will he be too small?

jlowry_19

Oct 17, 2004
he was drafted 5th overall in the ohl priority selection, and is a good shot for first round in the 2006 entrry draft.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
5th overall by Sudbury, and the kid still has a lot of growing to do, is looking to be one of Sudburys key building blocks for next years run. Hes a play-maker who can score, excellent skating, although I should point out that a lot of points has come whens he put on the same line with Beniot Pouliot, who scouts seem to love right now. It'll also be interesting in that Sudbury has another center whos draft eligible in 2006- Nick Foligno, and he wont get the ice time he derserves next year because of that.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
A Lone Wolf said:
5th overall by Sudbury, and the kid still has a lot of growing to do, is looking to be one of Sudburys key building blocks for next years run. Hes a play-maker who can score, excellent skating, although I should point out that a lot of points has come whens he put on the same line with Beniot Pouliot, who scouts seem to love right now. It'll also be interesting in that Sudbury has another center whos draft eligible in 2006- Nick Foligno, and he wont get the ice time he derserves next year because of that.

I think what you meant to say was that he needs to grow a lot more. He has no more growing to do past his current 5'7" - 5'8", as he has had five o'clock shadow and has been as tall as his father since pee wee.

Deadly in the slot though, always has been.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Juan said:
I think what you meant to say was that he needs to grow a lot more. He has no more growing to do past his current 5'7" - 5'8", as he has had five o'clock shadow and has been as tall as his father since pee wee.

Deadly in the slot though, always has been.

So he's not his team website's listed 5'10?

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
HabLover said:
So he's not his team website's listed 5'10?

The CSB website has him listed at 5'8", 184 lbs. These are the numbers as actually measured by CSB.

That website also reminded me that he is 2 days away from being an '87, so he doesn't have the "late birthday" explanation to account for his relative lack of size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad